Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Big problem with my transmission

Rodriglarode
07-11-2009, 08:06 AM
Hello my problem it is that the transmission does not work good. when the vehicle is cold the transmission shift the 1, 2, and 3 and when the vehicule it is hot or warm the transmission dont shift in third? Only 1, 2...
The transmission oil it full , not black, and no smell of burnt.
and it have a little problem with the cruise controle not accelerate when i
pressing the buttom accelerate when it activate.
sorry for my language because i speaks in french.

Specs off my car; nissan sentra xe 1991 1.6L automatic tranmission.
with overdrive.

Chiquae07
07-15-2009, 02:03 PM
drain and refill. do it a total of 3 times, in 3 months. no need to open the trans and change a filter as its a metal mesh. dex/merc III will work.

spec v=dead honda
09-01-2009, 11:35 PM
no u need to change the filter because the car is older it may have become sluged over have had the same prob, and draning and refilling 3 times in 3 months is a waste of ur time and money:2cents: that will not solve anything what a dum*** for even saying that, u should not give false info""""""""""""""":screwy::shakehead

Chiquae07
09-29-2009, 11:46 PM
no u need to change the filter because the car is older it may have become sluged over have had the same prob, and draning and refilling 3 times in 3 months is a waste of ur time and money:2cents: that will not solve anything what a dum*** for even saying that, u should not give false info""""""""""""""":screwy::shakehead

next time you decide to respond to something, type with punctuation. please, its easier to read. anyways...

i know this is a late response but i don't lurk these forums as much anymore. check it out, the ga16de motor shares the same auto transmission as a 1990-1999 ga16de, 2000-2006 qg18de or 1990-2001 sr20de sentra. thus the part numbers are the same for a transmission filter kit.

according to this post, its pointless to change the filter in this transmission as all it is, is a metal screen. the best you can do is a drain and fill every 3 months 3x to change just about 90% of the fluid in it.

http://www.b15sentra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=128343

sorry, but my post was legit. if i wanted someone to ruin their car, i wouldn't even post. not a person of that kind.

Add your comment to this topic!