Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

My air horns are now installed

GringoPete
07-11-2009, 06:52 AM
Due to the crappy oh so low stock horn in my 98 custom i had no choice but to get something louder......ok.....much louder :iceslolan

The trumpets are bolted onto the front of the radiator to the left of the hood catch & facing down...........But....The unique thing about this set up is that the switch that I opted to use is a floor switch above wehre the left foot rests.....Same place the high beam switches were on cars back in the 70's. I love the fact that I can sound my horn while not having to move my hands or arms. Right arm stays positioned across the top of the passenger seat while the left lingers control the steering :smokin:

P.S. I opted for the extra long trumpets for that extra loud get the $%^# out of my way effect :evillol:

Oh yeah, I kept the original horn connected just to pass inspection as New Jersey does not like air horns. :jerking:

Smith1000
07-11-2009, 07:21 PM
Your air horns are a great idea. I need to add something similar on one of our 97 Lesabres. One currently has the horns unplugged because it keeps going off spontaneously. I like the foot switch idea too. Did it take long to rig it all up?

GringoPete
07-14-2009, 08:12 AM
Your air horns are a great idea. I need to add something similar on one of our 97 Lesabres. One currently has the horns unplugged because it keeps going off spontaneously. I like the foot switch idea too. Did it take long to rig it all up?

Actually I had my mechanic do it when i brought it for an oil change. He did a great job and charged me an hours labor. I'll have to post a few pictures on this thread so you guys can see....check back tomorrow

Add your comment to this topic!