Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Wet floors-2002 4 door Cavalier

Jeffrv
07-06-2009, 06:46 PM
The drivers and left rear rear carpet won't dry out from the winter, even now if you push on the carpet in front, you can see visible water under your finger. I put the car up on ramps and the floor and round drain pan plugs are all solid ( guess that electronic rust proofer does work!). Tried pouring water over windshield/mouldings, doors, even front inner wheel well, couldn't duplicate the leak. Not losing any coolant. Windshield was repalaced about 3 years ago, but this is first time this problem has persisted past winter ( tracking snow in ) Doesn't seem to have a trail goinmg down the sides of the floor pan, just the bottom of very wet, now beginning to smell.. Anyone else ever experienced any problems like this? Thanks
Jeff

J-Ri
07-09-2009, 03:22 PM
If you're using the A/C, make sure you see water dripping out underneath the car. The evaporator drain being plugged can cause this.

Smythers00
07-10-2009, 05:16 PM
These cars have had a history of leaks from the roof. For me, it was constantly wet in the trunk.

You might want to water test the back glass, but that might show immediate signs.

Another place to check is under the molding between the left sail panel (quarter panel) and the roof panel... if you can get that molding out, try water testing there as well. I'm told that's where the leaks typically come in from.

Hope that helps.

Add your comment to this topic!