Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

'90 4.3L S-10 wont start plz help

jdq123
07-06-2009, 03:43 AM
k so hear it is guys sry if its been posted and answered but i have a 1990 s10 4.3L fuel injected blazer that didnt start today so i will start with the new i have replaced fuel pump, fuel filter, starter, cap & rotor, all plugs & wires, battery, radiator, and the catalytic converter but it has clogged already battery still has power but will not turn over so we try'd to jump it and in the process the 2 red wires connecting to the back of the alternator started smoking after about 1-2 minutes of trying to jump it so we stopped trying to start it but its has had a lack of power lately but i think that is the cat being clogged so holes were drilled on both sides of the cat to relive pressure or something like that i think... if anyone can help me out please i desperately need my car to run i dont know much about cars so any help at all on this problem is greatly appreciatted and thank you

sorry that this is so long

MT-2500
07-08-2009, 05:46 PM
k so hear it is guys sry if its been posted and answered but i have a 1990 s10 4.3L fuel injected blazer that didnt start today so i will start with the new i have replaced fuel pump, fuel filter, starter, cap & rotor, all plugs & wires, battery, radiator, and the catalytic converter but it has clogged already battery still has power but will not turn over so we try'd to jump it and in the process the 2 red wires connecting to the back of the alternator started smoking after about 1-2 minutes of trying to jump it so we stopped trying to start it but its has had a lack of power lately but i think that is the cat being clogged so holes were drilled on both sides of the cat to relive pressure or something like that i think... if anyone can help me out please i desperately need my car to run i dont know much about cars so any help at all on this problem is greatly appreciatted and thank you

sorry that this is so long

HAS IT GOT SPARK TO ALL SPARK PLUGS?

Does fuel pump run and does it have proper fuel pressure?

Is it a TBI injector engine or what is engine code?

Add your comment to this topic!