Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

radiator leak

jefferie1979
07-04-2009, 09:54 AM
hi all, I've had a leak in my radiator for about a year now (the classic spot where the metal meets the plastic shroud) and was wondering can this affect my engine performance. The leak is near the top and it doesn't loose all that much coolant maybe 20-30 oz. I never top it off because it just leaks out the next time it gets hot. How bad is this or no big deal. thank you

MT-2500
07-04-2009, 04:24 PM
hi all, I've had a leak in my radiator for about a year now (the classic spot where the metal meets the plastic shroud) and was wondering can this affect my engine performance. The leak is near the top and it doesn't loose all that much coolant maybe 20-30 oz. I never top it off because it just leaks out the next time it gets hot. How bad is this or no big deal. thank you

Time to replace rad.
Before it blows and burns up engine.
Check around for prices on a new one.

j cAT
07-10-2009, 09:01 AM

Its not that the radiator leak is at the top and leaks little,,,,the big problem is your coolant system can not hold pressure...with no pressure the coolant boils at a lower temp...this then causes the coolant to boil...when this happens the water pump can't pump the air bubbles ...next thing you know the heads are cracked,,etc....

Add your comment to this topic!