Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

No Heat Constant Flux of Temp Gauge

syrus31
07-02-2009, 12:29 PM
i have a 95 corsica that has problems with heating and cooling...so far i have replaced the thermostat, heater core, coolant temp sensor, heater core hoses, no leaks from the water pump and still i get no heat in the car and the temp gauge fluxuates from 1/4 to 3/4. i have no clue what to do next:banghead: i have no leaks anywhere either and its the only car i have i REALLY need to have it running right...could somthing be clogged? should i take everything out and inspect it all? any ideas:banghead:

jsgold
07-02-2009, 05:55 PM
Might be time to check all the vacuum lines, on the engine and under the dash. A lot of GM cars relied on vacuum to open and close the heater door, which may be stuck open. Just a guess, not familiar with your 95 but that can be a problem. Should be a servo down there that opens and closes the door. Also I think yours has an internal control thermostat(not sure) that lets you adjust temp??? Maybe that is busted? Sorry can't be more help here, but sounds like you have replaced all things I would suspect. the only thing left to be clogged would be the radiator and that is not likely.

syrus31
07-02-2009, 11:56 PM
Nice never thought of that one. Ty ill try it tomorrow and let you know if it worked or not...also need to check for air in the hoses too

jsgold
07-03-2009, 08:01 AM
Yes, the older Corcicas had a bleeder screw at the top front of the motor that really helped with the air. Not sure on the 95 but it may have one.

syrus31
07-04-2009, 10:53 PM
well it seems someone corked off another hose that i didnt check so now im just bleeding air out the bleeder valve. ty for your help man i really appreciate it.....blows hot as the sun now:)

Add your comment to this topic!