Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1998 Pontiac Sunfire - No dash lights

mkehayias
07-01-2009, 04:55 PM
1998 Pontiac Sunfire - Lost the dash lights, dome light, and head light/key bell. Changed door jamb switch on driver's door, got dome light and headlight/key bell back. Still no dash lights. (I am not sure they all went at the same time). What I've done:

New dash dimmer switch
New inst lights fuse

Still no dash lights. Dimmer still turns dome light on. I don't suspect bulbs because I don't have the back lights on the A/C control panel either. Any help is greatly appreciated.

J-Ri
07-02-2009, 06:10 PM
Check that the fuse has power to it. If it does, it's time to get a wiring diagram.

mkehayias
07-03-2009, 05:20 AM
Will do. I have the diagram, it shows some sort of dimmer module. Any idea where that is located? I can't find the fool thing.

mkehayias
07-03-2009, 04:18 PM
Will do. I have the diagram, it shows some sort of dimmer module. Any idea where that is located? I can't find the fool thing.

Its all good, I had good power all the way to and torugh the dimmer. Looks like that dimmer module is the culprit, but I can't find it. I went and bought a flexible glue on 12V LED strip, wired it in parallel to the power to the dimmer module, is working like a champ.

Add your comment to this topic!