Read all posts on blower motor here is a new one for ya,

jevery
06-30-2009, 11:00 AM
All the posts gave me some great info but I have an issue that is a little different. The blower motor does work at all. I have taken the motor out and pluged it into 12 volt direct and runs fine. I can here the ac compressor kick on when I turn the fan from off to 1 and the flap for max ac is opeing fine. the fuse for the blower motor is good. I have unplugged the motor and tested the wires going to the motor, the green is always HOT if the key is on, even if the fan swith is in the off position. But I don't get anything from the black wire. It is running back to the resistor and before I replace the resistor I was wondering if it is possible to be bad even when I don't have high speed at the motor. All the other postes say that they have High but not 1,2,3.
Any other Ideas would be greatly appreciated, Jevery.
2004 LXI sebring convertible.

Airjer_
06-30-2009, 11:27 AM
Ground the black wire from the blower motor. If the blower motor works check continuity between the first two pins of the resistor (where the black and black with tan wire go in). there should be continuity. If there is none than the resistor is bad.

jevery
06-30-2009, 06:44 PM
I went out and turned the fan on and with a test light I was able to get light on all 4 wires including the black and tan but not the black. whne the switch was on. I will try the continuity check thanks any other ideas?

racedad21
06-30-2009, 07:31 PM
Ground the black wire from the blower motor. If the blower motor works check continuity between the first two pins of the resistor (where the black and black with tan wire go in). there should be continuity. If there is none than the resistor is bad.

Hate to just butt-in this thread but THANK YOU VERY MUCH for this info. It was spot on. Fixed my problem today because of what you said.

Airjer_
07-01-2009, 01:23 AM
My pleasure!

jevery
07-01-2009, 09:22 AM
went out last night and jumped from the black and tan to the black with a wire, the fan worked perfectly. Ordereing a new resistor today. THANKS THANKS THANKS, for your help and quick response. Jerry

Airjer_
07-01-2009, 09:50 AM
Good Deal!

Add your comment to this topic!