Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

can anyone help?

chevgirl
06-26-2009, 06:37 PM
Hi I just bought a 94 s10 with a 4.3 4x4 standard and having wayy to many problem with it

the guy put a new motor in the truck and told me it was a matching motor
it didnt have the power It should have so I thought it just needed new spark plugs ext no biggie I can deal with that

ok so I changed spark plug and found out he put the old spark plug in the new motor which ended up being too short as this was motor is newer at least a 96 not sure on year tho

so new spark plug and wire.. got right in there and it only has one ani knock sensor hooked up other ones just dangling there GESHH ok were is the other sensor at the one on the passengers side is in but not the other one???

the only other problem is that is just has no power almost like the timing is off but I check it and its right on is there anything iam missing???

MT-2500
06-27-2009, 07:48 AM
Sounds like you need to find a good mechanic that knows what they are are doing.

chevgirl
06-27-2009, 12:09 PM
already had to it to the local shop and they don't know what was wrong with it they couldnt even find were this lost knock sensors supposta be located at, and Iam not about to take it to the dealer cant afford that plus is a 2 hour drive to the closest dealer. just hoping someone might be able to help a little on here .

dozer1
06-27-2009, 01:04 PM
maybe the catylatic converter

chevgirl
06-27-2009, 01:53 PM
doesn't have one anymore I took it out and put all new exhaust in

MT-2500
06-27-2009, 02:39 PM
On the timing set the base time with the EST timing wire disconnected.

If no cat the knock sensors are not going to help you.
About knock sensors would need to know your engine code and what year and make and model and engine code the replacement engine came from.

chevgirl
06-27-2009, 02:45 PM
I asked the guy when I bought the truck were the motor was from and all he knew was it was a factory rebuild from Vancouver and it was a match to this truck. So the motor should be from a s10 and I do know it is at least a 96 because of the spark plug length
( longer then the one from the 94) the truck runs great just not the power just thought there might be something little that I've over looked

MT-2500
06-27-2009, 03:42 PM
Check base timing and for codes.

chevgirl
06-29-2009, 05:16 PM
ok I borrowed a code reader and it came up with engine code error that all it said
I tried changing my throttle sensor and it help a bit not so jumpy when you change gears re did a timing check and its right were it should be only thing I can think of is wrong computer ?? might take it to the guy next town over that recode the computer or put a new one in???? only thing left that I can think of
only ever had one truck stump me this much and that a blown small block with carb issues lol

MT-2500
06-29-2009, 05:51 PM
Did you go threw the base time procedure by disconnecting the EST bypas wire?

What was the code no you got?

Did the new TPS sensor clear the code or does the code come back?

chevgirl
07-18-2009, 10:45 PM
ok finally got PO'd enuf to take it to the dealer
they got a invalid engine error code they couldn't find out what it was or why
all this frustration over something not even a dealer can answer me lol
they said i could bring in it to do a complete check for about a grand and they'd check ever plug sensor ect or I could just leave it as it not hurting my truck lol

MT-2500
07-19-2009, 06:00 AM
ok finally got PO'd enuf to take it to the dealer
they got a invalid engine error code they couldn't find out what it was or why
all this frustration over something not even a dealer can answer me lol
they said i could bring in it to do a complete check for about a grand and they'd check ever plug sensor ect or I could just leave it as it not hurting my truck lol

As in post 2 you need to find a good mechanic.

Even all dealers do not have factory trained tech's/mechanics.
If the dealer does not have them find a good repair shop or a good dealer that does.

It should not cost a grand to test everything out.

A couple of hrs by a good mechanic should do it.

Add your comment to this topic!