New Ford or Used BMW

Driver Mike
06-22-2009, 04:57 PM
I'm soon going to be in the market for a new (or new to me) car and I've got a question for your consideration and opinion.

I'm trying to decide between a new 2010 Ford Mustang GT Convertible/2010 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT and a used 2004 BMW 645ic Sport Convertible (52000 miles). The price is roughly the same between the two cars.

The Ford/Mitsu advantages are:
+ Warranty
+ A previous owner has not driven it hard

The BMW advantages are:
+ The immediate depreciation has already happened
+ Options that Mitsu can't even imagine

Both cars are in perfect condition.

Any input would be valuable.

oldblu65
06-22-2009, 06:54 PM
Mustang for sure !

Ray paulsen
06-22-2009, 09:09 PM
Your selection of vehicles are excellent, an extensive test drive with all 3 vehicles will give the answer what feels right for you.

Posted questions to your answer most likely will be what someone else prefers to match their lifestyle how a car feels or handles the way they like it,,, but that is not you, whats right for you may not be right for me.

For what is best value for your bucks, is another whole set of answers, and my choice is the Mustang, but the Beamer sure would be fun, but not a good investment for the long haul.

Zrayner
07-06-2009, 10:18 AM
Depends what you're intending on using the vehicles for.
If it were me id go with the bimmer.

davidjohn
07-07-2009, 09:03 AM
I voted for BMW used car.

Eriedipper
07-07-2009, 05:21 PM
Definately the BMW. You have German Engineering, with a top quality machine. There is no comparison.

Ray paulsen
07-07-2009, 08:55 PM
Definately the BMW. You have German Engineering, with a top quality machine. There is no comparison.

When you say " you have German engineering " are you making a statement that Germans are much superior making vehicles ? or just the fact the Beamers are a good product

Ray paulsen
07-08-2009, 05:42 PM
Depends what you're intending on using the vehicles for.
If it were me id go with the bimmer.

You are a perfect example of what I am trying to get across " to each his own " tell me/ and this thread why the Beamer will suit your lifestyle more than the mustang ?

Zrayner
07-09-2009, 09:58 AM
Exactly each vehicle is made for a different purpose, BMWs are good for picking up jailbait and insecure women.

CraiginSC
07-12-2009, 12:46 AM
Go with the ones with the warranty. Plus, the beamer is going to be expensive to fix when it does break since it's foreign.

Add your comment to this topic!