Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

'02 Elantra Head Lights dont work

bmkj02
06-22-2009, 03:49 PM
When I flip the brights on the other 2 head lights turn on but the reg lights still dont turn on. Im driving with the high switch on just to have 2 lights working. Its a 4 bulb system. Checked fuses but its all ok. Any other ideas?

oscar89
09-02-2009, 10:18 PM
Have you cheked the head light bulbs?

demosfam
09-25-2012, 07:23 PM
I am actually having this same exact problem with my 03 hyundai elantra right now...my highbeams and everything else work but my low beams do not........I pulled both the low beams out today and they were both blown....My car is outputting to much voltage and is like shocking them....They guy at autozone told me not to put the new headlights in til I got the voltage fixed....So I have to figure out that problem....But when you do use your highbeams to they get really bright and really dim? Do any of your dashlights blink?

lowsonoma1999
09-26-2012, 11:03 AM
99% sure it's just your bulbs. Some times when one bulb blows you get a surge to the other one causing it to blow. Same thing happened in my sisters 2005 Elantra. I changed the bulbs a year ago, and they are still working. Make sure you buy long life bulbs for it, otherwise you will be replacing them again in a few months. List price on them from the dealer is $14.35/ea.

Add your comment to this topic!