'97 LS Driver's window stuck down

NYRfan85
06-21-2009, 04:39 PM
Hi everyone, hopefully you can help me out here.

This morning, I opened my 97 Monte Carlo LS's windows, and the passenger window works fine. However, when I opened the driver's side window all the way down, it got stuck, and now won't go up. It feels like the button for the window is stuck, or not making contact with something to make it go up.:headshake

This had happened once before, and my father took off the panel, moved/jiggled the wires and stuff, and put it back together, and it worked fine. I'm hoping to be able to do that, rather than fork over a few hundred to fix something as simple as this... Problem is, I can't get the panel off completely. Is there an image or something that can show me where exactly all the screws/parts are that I need to loosen so that the whole panel can come off?

Any help is greatly appreciated, as I'd like to get this fixed ASAP and avoid the costs to have someone fix it.

mrl390
07-04-2009, 01:31 PM
Here is a how to of how to get the door panel off:
http://montecarloforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14137

You dont need to remove the whole panel to get the switch out tho. Read the part about getting the switch out of the door panel. Its not that hard.

noimaD
07-24-2009, 01:39 AM
I to had the same prob ,,, It turned out that by leaving the window cracked in the rain while driving or sitting,, the water dripped in on the switches and corroded the copper connectors inside the switch and caused the connectors to warp . I simply changed the switch for the windows and solved my prob .
around $ 70 @ autozone

Add your comment to this topic!