Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

PBR Deluxe brake pads any good?

overdoseland
06-21-2009, 01:51 AM
Hi there,

Just wondering if PBR deluxe brake pads are any good? I've read some reviews online that say they don't function well during rainy conditions. Someone said the brakes didn't work for like 3 seconds in the rain going highways speeds until he pumped them several times...Scary! That was on a Volvo. That review was like 7 years ago so maybe PBR stepped up their product? Anyone have any personal experience with them on Hondas? Or should I go with Nissin, NPN...? It's for a daily driver and I don't drive aggressive and not planning on racing Domenic or anything like that...lol.

jeffcoslacker
06-24-2009, 08:49 AM
I don't know anything about them. I guess my question would be why are you contemplating them?

Is there some issue with OEM-type that you are trying to rectify?

Are they ceramic or something? If so they might be optimized for use with cross-drilled rotors or something that would put them at a disadvantage with a stock system.

Personally I like EBC Organic pads on imports for good feel and low dust/noise issues...semi-mets suck, and ceramic/Kevlar based are just a bit too specialized for stock systems and normal driving...they can have weird characteristics, like the rain issue you mentioned (which I can't verify but sounds possible) and a kind of non-linear, overly aggressive feel....

overdoseland
06-24-2009, 02:06 PM
No I don't have any issues with oems. It's just the price difference. The PBR's are on sale and they are of organic or semi-organic material. The rotors I'm gonna buy are also PBRs and they're the regular type. I was looking into EBCs too which I have on my motorcycle. Thanks for the info on em!

Add your comment to this topic!