Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

NEW PORSCHE owner....opinions please

okinchiba
06-18-2009, 10:03 PM
my 1st porsche, any & all input from owners is appreciated

have owned performance cars for yrs, never a porsche. my wife & i have finally decided to purchase an older porsche (we simply do not like the looks or complexity of new ones).

have settled on....either 964 series - specifically a 92 america roadster (turbo body - naturally aspirated engine).

or 930 series, specifically 1989 911 cab

the 89 is euro spec edition but of course still much less HP than the 92.

wife likes the 92 (mostly the color)....i am leaning towards the 89...less mileage and actually i like the way it drives .....

both seem nice cars....sure need some opinions:

-dependability
-heating/overheating issues
-do both of these cars use the same transmission

thanks in advance

promotion951
07-01-2009, 04:37 PM
Hello Ive owed and rebuilt many POrsche cars.. the cars you are looking at a very similar mechanically...so really it will be up to a matter of preference... You should pay special attention to miles and what type of service was already done and of course the market price compared to asking...what factory options are on the cars...also color is a big factor in purchase and resale...also what type of driver you are? Some times people often buy with out really being comfortible in the car... test drive more than one car but test drive the same model.. so you can see and feel the difference, in the same car...

Add your comment to this topic!