Freeze or casting plug replacement on 98 mustang

06-15-2009, 06:56 AM
I have a 3.8 liter v-6 98 mustang that has a freeze plug leaking. The problem is it's on the rear passenger side of the engine and ther's no room to manuver to get to it. Any ideas how to change it without pulling the engine? I was wondering if it could be done by cutting a hole in the floor? Thanks

06-19-2009, 08:57 PM
Well since no one has any ideas I guess I'll throw one out there. The freeze plugs on the rear of the 3.8 liter engine on the 98 mustang can be changed by raising the car and removing the exhaust pipes.

Add your comment to this topic!