Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Speeding!!!! 83 in a 55

JSuhobrus
06-14-2009, 04:49 PM
Okay me and my girlfriend were on our way to Hershey Park Saturday morning and i was accelerating up a hill which caused me to go faster when i was going down the hill and as i was going down there was a cop sitting there on the side and he had clocked me doing 83 in a 55 so i pulled over off the highway in a church parking lot so when he pulled behind me he had got out and asked me if i was trying to dodge him and i politly said no. then gave me the ticket. Since i live in MD would i get Points on my license since i got pulled over in PA???? This was my first ticket ever and ive had my license since October of 2006.... Thanks!

fredjacksonsan
06-14-2009, 08:19 PM
I think that PA has some agreement with bordering states that points will transfer, but I'm not sure. Last time I got a ticket in PA it didn't transfer to me here, in VA.

IMO the best bet is to pay the fine by mail and hope it doesn't transfer(that's what I did and the points didn't come across). You could always try to fight it, but it seems he has you dead to rights and going to court might make more of a noise with MD.

Guage1515
10-04-2009, 04:42 PM
I've had many many tickets, from my experience... all states work together, points are shared from state to state. You may find that you can dodge the problem for a little while, but they all link up on points. I've always found hiring a lawyer helps reduce fines and reduces points in some cases your lawyer can make sure you don't get points against you.

Check it out.

Add your comment to this topic!