Purchasing a Sporty Coupe for <45k

RaceMe
06-12-2009, 02:22 AM
Hello,

I currently drive a 2005 Mercedes-Benz C320 Sedan but recently I graduated from USC and decided I would treat myself to a new car. (Go Trojans!). I have a little over $45,000 saved up since I graduated from high school: doing summer jobs/internships, online poker, etc.

I was looking at the Ford Mustang GT, Chevrolet Camaro SS, Dodge Challenger R/T, Dodge Challenger SRT8, Infiniti G37s (sedan/coupe), Mercedes-Benz C350, BMW 135i (coupe), BMW 335i (sedan....coupe is a little over budget), and Nissan 370z.

Currently I am not to fond of Chevrolet/Dodge because that recently Chevrolet and Dodge shutdown their closest dealership so I would have to make a 45 minute commute to service my car. In addition the 370z is only a two-seater but probably overall the fastest/sportiest car in the group.

I guess that leaves me with the (unless someone can convince me otherwise) Ford Mustang GT, Infiniti G37s (coupe/sedan), Mercedes-Benz C350, BMW 135i (coupe), and the 335i (sedan).

My budget is $45,000 but ideally I went to get the car w/ taxes for around $37,000 - $42,000.

Thanks in advance. :)

RaceMe
06-12-2009, 11:44 PM
bump. :)

Ray paulsen
06-14-2009, 01:54 AM
I know I am a little of the subject " but wow " 45 grand saved up doing summer jobs, I am impressed.

Besides playing poker online, what are other students not doing right to make that kind of money ?

RaceMe
06-14-2009, 02:35 AM
I know I am a little of the subject " but wow " 45 grand saved up doing summer jobs, I am impressed.

Besides playing poker online, what are other students not doing right to make that kind of money ?

Most of my money came from summer jobs, I worked during the summer of:
Junior HS -> Senior HS
Senior HS -> Freshman C
Freshman C -> Sophomore C
Sophomore C -> Junior C
Junior C -> Senior C

I would say 50% came from summer jobs, 10% from online poker, 5% from professional gaming, 20% from the stock market, and 10% from an online job (worked for 6-9 months) where I did Customer Support/Customer Relations/Moderated Forums just like this one.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of the easiest ways of making money online is definitely: poker, investing, working for online companies, starting your own online company, etc. With the internet you really are limitless with the possibilities.

Bobmarley
07-22-2009, 12:35 PM
Your in a lucky position! I would first start with narrowing down the feature you want want...start with deciding if you want back seats and take a good look at cargo space for your hobbies like snowboards, surfboards, mt bike. etc. Two seaters like the 370z can be a hastle when you have more than one friend (but it is still a GREAT car!).
After that it will all come down to personal preferance as far as driving and comfort. The bigger challanger and camaro wont corner like the 370z but they will be a smoother ride on the freeway.
I would also consider the Subaru WRX STI and Lancer Evo...they are in a totally different class but they offer as good or better performance than the cars you mentioned and they have more room for friends and hobbies.

The most important thing is to do a thorough test drive...race it, pop the trunk, close the trunk, get in and out, get in and out of the back seats etc.

Add your comment to this topic!