Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

95 RS Tail light

Cavalier9696
06-11-2009, 02:30 AM
My tail lights will not go off. I can turn off the car and all the lights and the tail lights seem to stay on. The only way I get them off is by unpluging them. To weird.

Blackcrow64
06-11-2009, 03:35 AM
So I'm slightly confused, all of your lights stay on after shutting it off or just your tail lights? You said when you shut the car off... You mean when you shut the lights off, right? Have you changed anything in the wiring recently since the problem has began?

Cavalier9696
06-11-2009, 06:36 AM
So I'm slightly confused, all of your lights stay on after shutting it off or just your tail lights? You said when you shut the car off... You mean when you shut the lights off, right? Have you changed anything in the wiring recently since the problem has began?

My bad its my break lights that wont go off. All the other lights go off but those. Nothing has been changed with the wiring. I drove it to work last night and when I got out I noticed they were still on. Someone told me to look under the dash at the top of my break pedal at a plug and reset it or something.

I looked and found a plug but of no idea how to reset it or if that is even the problem.

SilvrEclipse
06-11-2009, 10:20 PM
That switch is what cuts your brake lights on. It is possible for it to be stuck 'on'.

Cavalier9696
06-12-2009, 02:19 AM
That switch is what cuts your brake lights on. It is possible for it to be stuck 'on'.

Where exactly is the switch? All I have found is a plug going into round shaped thing above the break pedal. How would I flip it back off?

coose86
06-17-2009, 09:27 AM
the switch is going to be located on the brake pedal itself. Disconnect the connector and see if the brake lights turn off. If they do then you will need a brake lamp switch. If they dont turn off then you have a wiring issue.

Add your comment to this topic!