Page updated on 06-21-2018

How to change inner tierod end

06-09-2009, 01:31 PM
99 oldsmobile intrigue gl series. I have taken of the tire removed inner tierod from the outer tierod. However, I can't really get a grip on the flats that connect the inner tierod end and the rack. Does anyone have any ideas and/or exact tools needed for the job?
06-09-2009, 08:26 PM

Lisle 45750 is what I used when I did mine.

06-09-2009, 11:50 PM
Go to your local AutoZone and rent the 2-in-1 Inner Tie Rod Tool (OEM p/n 27024) and the Saginaw Tie Rod Tool (OEM p/n 27042). "OEM" is the actual brand of these tools not an abbreviation.

It will require about a $50 total deposit for both of them. You get all your money back when you return them so net cost is FREE.

Replacing the inner tie rods without this tool is nearly impossible.

06-12-2009, 06:38 PM
Thanks but a tad to late had to get this done asap. Had to go to Harbor Freight and get a US General tierod removal kit. Cost me $40 on sale so I will keep it just in case it happens again.

06-12-2009, 11:26 PM
dont forget your alignment

Add your comment to this topic!