Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Please Help,dies a few seconds after start & won't start back up

Razors_Edge
06-09-2009, 10:27 AM
Hello, I have 91 3.1. I've been having problems with it cutting out either coming down a hill or after I get to the top of the hill,usually on the way back from a 10/15 mile trip. Yesterday it started then died & wouldn't start back up till this morning & as soon as the idle came back down it sputtered & died with no restart. This may or may not have anything to do with it,but a few times when it done the cutting out I smelled exhaust really strong. I just had a new coil put on it. It also sometimes sputters when I would start it. The cutting out has went on for about 6 months off & on. I thought it was bad gas & tried other things,but after 75.00 to get the coil & have it put on, then another 75.00 to have it towed home I'm at my wits end with it.

loosenut74
09-15-2009, 10:46 PM
You have a plugged cat.

Razors_Edge
09-23-2009, 02:38 PM
Thanks for the answer,but I got it fixed almost 3 months ago. I had 2 injectors that went bad.

loosenut74
09-28-2009, 02:19 AM
Thanks for the answer,but I got it fixed almost 3 months ago. I had 2 injectors that went bad.from what you described it sounded like a cat, come join us, we are fellow beretta owners and would love for you to sign up...

*Link Removed

Add your comment to this topic!