Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

95 Riviera with some problems.

AznDragon405
06-07-2009, 11:27 PM
I just found this forum so I hope a lot of you guys will be able to help me. I'm not great with cars but I know a little and love my riviera but it has some problens. First, it has trouble starting sometimes, not all the time. Sometimes it starts fine but other times it take a few tries to get it going. Even then, sometimes it starts sputters and then dies. It usually has problems starting from a cold start but sometimes it even happens after the engine has been running for awhile. Second, when I apply the brakes it clicks. I took it to a dealership and they said nothing was wrong with it. But I'm thinking that can't be normal can it? I took the car to another mechanic to take a look at it and he thought it was the ABS so he unhooked the ABS sensor (that's what he said) and it stopped clicking for awhile but then it started again. So I took it back to him and he hooked it back up and it stopped clicking for awhile again but then started again. I'm at a dead lost. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

jetsfan1128
07-27-2009, 05:13 PM
im new to this to but i would have to say thats a little too basic i mean a cold start mean when have you changed your plugs, tune up or things like that whats the draw on the starter, is the idle the same, is the check engine light on and as far as the brakes a click where does it sound like its coming from the abs under the hood or the wheels itself and if theres nothing wrong with the rotors and pads and your abs light isnt on whats the problem your abs still works, im sure everyone would love to help but being that vauge isnt going to help us help you

charleylyons95
08-25-2009, 11:15 AM
My 95 Buick Riviera won't start just cranks and cranks

HotZ28
08-25-2009, 03:10 PM
My 95 Buick Riviera won't start just cranks and cranksHave you checked for spark & fuel pressure?

Add your comment to this topic!