Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Hot imnport Nights, Rice or Nice?

GTi-VR6_A3
04-01-2003, 12:10 AM
so guys is hot import nights full of rice full of nice ass hooked up cars or is it both at the same time???

-GTi-VR6_A3

BlOOe46
04-01-2003, 08:00 AM
i personally dont like how much huge sound systems and air bag suspensions are focused on when it comes to these "sport cars"

Ace$nyper
04-01-2003, 12:03 PM
Rice as hell my bro went took pics there are just bad and the things people drove in he told me about a side exhaust v-6 stang? with tons of stickers i'm glad i was sick that night would probbly have gotten sicker seeing some of that junk. some of the cars weren't even done well. whatever least i didn't wait in line for it :p:: I heard the DJing was pretty good though.

NISSANSPDR
04-01-2003, 12:07 PM
Most of these cars do have some performance mods...and my friend was a judge at HIN in South Florida...and he told me that they gave extra points for ppl with I/H/E...I mean come on! They didnt expect that much considering most of them ARE show cars...but there are some nice ones...like some nicely modded Supra's, 300ZX's, RX7's, 360 Modena's, Murciélago's, Vipers, WRX's, and Evo's (soon)

TexasF355F1
04-01-2003, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by BlOOe46
i personally dont like how much huge sound systems and air bag suspensions are focused on when it comes to these "sport cars"
IMO, airbags don't belong on cars anyways. They look a lot better on trucks.

SuPeRcAr_MaN
04-01-2003, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Ace$nyper
Rice as hell my bro went took pics there are just bad and the things people drove in he told me about a side exhaust v-6 stang? with tons of stickers i'm glad i was sick that night would probbly have gotten sicker seeing some of that junk. some of the cars weren't even done well. whatever least i didn't wait in line for it :p:: I heard the DJing was pretty good though.

I agree. I never ever ever would go to a show like this. Looking at the pictures did nearly make me sick to my stomach, these were some of the ugliest ricers I have ever seen. There are some exceptions, like Veilside who does some kits I actually this are nice, as long as they aren't ruined with fart cans and ricey interior. I just don't see what teenagers, and most of my friends, see in these cars.

GTi-VR6_A3
04-02-2003, 12:36 AM
these were the response i have expected... im gunna agree that while there are sometimes a few nice cars most are just shit. id rather have a fast, quiet and dark/inconspicuos car myself rather than a slow ass heaby loud as fuck bright colored car...

-GTi-VR6_A3

Jimster
04-02-2003, 02:49 AM
I'm not sure about Hot Imports Nights in the US of A- but I have some pictures of one in Auckland, NZ- and I have to say that some of those cars were pretty impressive- there was Supras, Skylines, M3's, MINI Cooper S's, RX7's, Pulsar GTiR's and the like- all very nice cars- but there was a bit of rice here and there :)

BlOOe46
04-02-2003, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by TexasF355F1

IMO, airbags don't belong on cars anyways. They look a lot better on trucks.

ill agree with u on that

well . . . there is the exception of impalas and bel airs for me, gotta admit, they look pretty nice dropped and sitting on bags

flylwsi
04-02-2003, 06:23 PM
well, there's both at HIN. i've seen some of the cars that are there, including my friends mx3 with the 2.5 v6 swap from the JDM mx6. it looks really nice, and it could go both ways, b/c it's a show car, but damn fast.

right next to her car in chicago was an autocross racer rx7, yellow.

there's rice, yes, but there's also a fair amount of high end metal that can haul ass...
just b/c it's got a body kit and vinyl on it doesn't mean it won't hand you your ass.

90EX
04-03-2003, 08:34 PM
Most of the cars are riced out, but I am still planning on going this Saturday (HIN is in San Mateo).

GTi-VR6_A3
04-04-2003, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by 90EX
Most of the cars are riced out, but I am still planning on going this Saturday (HIN is in San Mateo).

i was thinking about going but im not sure if i wanna shell out the money to be annoyed by a shitload of people for afew hours and only see some cool stuff.

-GTi-VR6_A3

flylwsi
04-04-2003, 01:29 PM
the cars may not haul ass, but you'll be amazed by the paint and body work...

i always try to find something worth looking at, not just bitching b/c a car doesn't have big brass balls...

i say go and see some amazingly finished show pieces...

besides, that's why you're going... to look...

if the same cars were at the drag strip, i'd be looking at things that go fast and making fun of the show queens...

but since it's a show... have fun...

and besides, i've seen literally hundreds of pics of cars at HIN events on www.overboost.com and there are some amazing cars...

i personally wouldn't do some of that stuff myself, but it's always interesting to see what other people do...

respect other peoples hard work... you don't have to like it, but at least respect it..

dolla_bill0913
04-06-2003, 11:19 PM
It all depends on what you are into. Some people like go, others like show. Sure some of the things done to some of the cars are way over done, but you might see something and want to do it to your car, you never know. Keep an open mind and give everything a try at least once.;)

TatII
04-10-2003, 09:33 AM
i've went to a few HIN's and its a pretty cool place to party. there are honestly some really nice cars there. i only look for the nice looking ones. hehe and most nissan's there are not as showey but they all got power to back it up. like they had a S13 with a SR thats running 21 psi's of boost. now that thing was cool.

Add your comment to this topic!