Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

SRS Light

raisenop3
06-05-2009, 02:52 PM
A friend of mine installed a hornet alarm system on my 98 Mitsu Eclipse and every since then the "SRS" light in my dashboard has been on. He said he will fix it - but it's 3 years later and he still hasn't - in fact - I've seen nor heard from him in a long time.

Is this something I can fix myself? Does anyone know what it will take to fix it?

SilvrEclipse
06-05-2009, 03:56 PM
Not sure what he did but I would recommend taking it to someone who knows what they are doing. Like a shop that installs alarms. There is a lot of wiring on alarm systems and its going to be hard to track down what he did wrong. Also with that light on the airbags WILL NOT work. So I would get it fixed asap. You are lucky nothing has happened in the last 3 years.

Blackcrow64
06-05-2009, 07:44 PM
I wouldn't dare touch the wiring for the SRS. One wrong move and BAM! you could be buying a new windshield... :uhoh:

I second Silvrs reply to take it to a professional shop and have them take care of it. :thumbsup:

raisenop3
06-10-2009, 10:42 AM
Not sure what he did but I would recommend taking it to someone who knows what they are doing. Like a shop that installs alarms. There is a lot of wiring on alarm systems and its going to be hard to track down what he did wrong. Also with that light on the airbags WILL NOT work. So I would get it fixed asap. You are lucky nothing has happened in the last 3 years.

Yikes! I had no idea it was that serious! That sucks. Thanks for the help. I guess it's going to cost me as much to get that fixed as it would have cost me in the first place to get the alarm installed professionally.

Add your comment to this topic!