Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Strut & Shock Mounts

cintra42
06-05-2009, 02:19 PM
Hi,

I am wondering if the struts & shock mounts for the 2000 Infiniti I30 and the 2000 Maxima are the same.

KYB listed them as the same parts but Tokico only list the parts for the Maxima, not for the Infiniti I30.

My mechanic told me that I should only use the original mounts from Infiniti, but the price is like double.

Should I go with non-oem mounts?

Thanks.

Nahkapohjola
06-06-2009, 10:17 AM
Hi,

I am wondering if the struts & shock mounts for the 2000 Infiniti I30 and the 2000 Maxima are the same.

KYB listed them as the same parts but Tokico only list the parts for the Maxima, not for the Infiniti I30.

My mechanic told me that I should only use the original mounts from Infiniti, but the price is like double.

Should I go with non-oem mounts?

Thanks.

I assume KYB must have got it right - all my purchases has been 100% ok, products good.

Nissan buys most of their parts from suppliers - with their specs and logo - assembles, doesnt manufacture. Cost for these spare parts is multiple times compared with same parts w/o Nissan donut. Here Nissan supplier might just be Tokico as they wont list the info (supply agreement forbids?).

Spares: However, there may be inferior parts on the market; typically those mentioned want to keep their product name up and sell only good parts. I guess u may return non-used parts (if for some reason Tokico doesnt fit).

I buy non nissan whenever cost difference is an issue.

Add your comment to this topic!