Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

You guys seem to know ur stuff, try this one out

Thatboyuhate
06-03-2009, 05:10 AM
scenario: im driving along and all of a sudden something doesnt feel right, i press down on the accelerator and i get nothing, as if im not even pressing the gas...i pull over, wait, starts up fine but again, as if im not even pressing the gas.

I manage to putt putt it home and later try again, seems normal now, still a little iffy but it might b because i expect something to be wrong.

What the hell is going on???

wrenchboss26
06-03-2009, 09:48 AM
Year, engine, tranny, was the check engine light on, does it have a check engine light, need more information.

Airjer_
06-03-2009, 10:13 AM
How about a year and engine size?

MagicRat
06-03-2009, 10:32 AM
yes, more info definitely needed. The first thing that comes to mind is debris in the gas tank. I had a joker stuff a plastic bag into a gas tank and it did exactly as you describe. The debris gets sucked onto the pick-up pipe and reduces fuel flow. If the engine is switched off long enough, the debris floats away, allowing normal operation, for a while.

Alternatly, it might be fuel pump, regulator or filter. A fuel pressure check might help.

BigDanTheMan
06-03-2009, 11:26 AM
Is it surging or struggling? could be a bad seal in the intake piping - too much air coming in after the sensor really pisses off the computer.

K5Calamity
06-20-2009, 12:49 PM
My 2 cents, ignition control module, but it could be 1 of 50 things.

OldSVTGuy
06-24-2009, 05:46 PM
Might be a clogged fuel filter, too. When was the last time it was replaced?

Add your comment to this topic!