Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Cadillac Minivan....

bpeters21
06-03-2009, 01:47 AM
I have designed a Cadillac Minivan. Th reason I'm posting this is to see peoples inputs and what they might do to make it look better. I'm all ears please put what you think about it. Thanks.

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn127/bpeters13/LUXE/LUXESKETCH.jpg

caddydaddy
06-18-2009, 07:46 AM
It looks like a small Escalade! Isn't the SRX sort of the "Cadillac Mini van"?

MagicRat
06-18-2009, 09:24 AM
The SRX is a 'crossover' which makes it half - minivan. IMO a true minivan has a lower, car-like floor, and usually more room than a cross-over.

Despite the fact that minivans are hugely practical, they are a declining market segment in North America. Car makers are pushing the cross-over because their vaguely sporty rugged image seems to have more appeal than a plebian minivan. This appeal translates to more sales and a higher per-vehicle profit margin.

Personally, I wanted a Caddy minivan or wagon a few years ago..... before the Escalades became affordable on the used market. But my wife refused to let me buy a hearse. :(

caddydaddy
06-18-2009, 11:03 AM
Well, you're in luck since the CTS Wagon is available this Summer!

MagicRat
06-18-2009, 12:32 PM
Interesting variant. Conventional thinking would say the wagon market, especially the high-end wagon is dead in North America.

I see the odd BMW and Mercedes wagon around here.... even a late model Jaguar wagon across the street..... but none in any significant numbers.

Well, heres hoping they can start a trend and get some overseas sales, too

MrPinkerton
06-23-2012, 04:07 PM
Why, that's a very clever conception! Keep that design! :smile: I could be wrong, but I don't think Cadillac would release any of its minivan models, but good point though. Keep up the good work, friend. :cool:

Add your comment to this topic!