prefered gear oils?

Igovert500
06-02-2009, 01:44 PM
Hey guys, probably a dumb question, but I don't work on Jeeps much. I'm doing some maintaince on an '02 Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd I'm wondering A) what transmission it has, or to jump right to the point B) What are the recommended/prefered fluilds and approx. the capacities for the tranny, transfer case, and rear diff.?

I don't have an owner's manual to refer to. Also, the owner vaguely heard something about some additive being needed in some of the rear diffs. Not sure if their's is one of them or what that additive would be.

EDIT: I'm not ordering RedLine or something from Summit, I'm trying to do this today with fluids I can buy at Autozone. Thanks

fredjacksonsan
06-09-2009, 12:16 PM
Hey, Igovert sorry for the slow response...I'm thinking you're already done the job.... I'm not on as much as I used to be.

My wife's 04 Wrangler I believe takes 75w90 in the manual trans, although I'm using Amsoil Synchromesh Man trans fluid.

Transfer case takes ATF+4 I think.

I'm away from home and will check when I get there...unless you're done! Let me know.

Additives are needed if it's the limited slip differential, otherwise with open diffs nothing additional is needed.

fredjacksonsan
06-19-2009, 12:48 PM
Guess the job is done...

Add your comment to this topic!