Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Security light blinking....car wont start.

persuazion
06-02-2009, 11:30 AM
Ok this issue has been getting on my nerves lately. At first it would only happen every now and then but now its happening more and more. I go to start my 99 lesabre and nothing....just the security light blinking. Sometimes if I pull the steering wheel up and down it goes to on and the car will start.But that hasnt been working recently.Now I read somewhere that you put the key in and leave it for 10 mins well I did that and the light went off but now my car sounds like the battery died....clicking and interior lights flickeriing when I try and start. Did I kill my battery now?? What should I do? ThANKS

persuazion
06-02-2009, 05:10 PM
ok well I tried everything I could think of......battery was dead so went and got a new one. Saw some wires hanging down from behind the dash by gas pedals...moved them around. The light stopped flashing....car started. What does this mean??

thisnametooktolong
06-03-2009, 05:03 AM
this is the only post you need to read! the plug is dirty, or those solid wires they use on the VATS are broken inside the harnes

I would bypass the VATS for two reasons. It is hard to find the broken wire because it is intermetent, two, then you can use a very inexpensive non vats key. for photos and directions
vats.likeabigdog.com/ (http://vats.likeabigdog.com/)

Andreas E.
06-03-2009, 09:55 AM
What thisnametooktolong said. My 92 Lesabre started doing the same thing last year. I went to Radio Shack, got the necessary parts for a few bucks, put it together and installed it. All in all, it was an easy fix. In my Lesabre there is some of the heating/cooling system mechanism behind the glove box. Be careful to position the "add-on" resistors in such a manner that they won't interfere with the mechanism or it'll rip the fix apart.

happydog500
06-04-2009, 01:43 AM
I did this on my 97 a couple years a go and it was easy and fixed it.
Chris.

Add your comment to this topic!