Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Engine ig fuse keeps popping

foozball53bjc
06-01-2009, 07:32 PM
Everytime I turn the key over I blow the engine ig fuse. Since this problems has started I have'nt been able to start my 2001 rodeo. I first thought it had to do with the fuel pump or sending unit, because of the known problems isuzu has. I was experiencing the fuel gage being wrong and the check engine light coming on when I was under a half tank. So automatically I thought hey it's the fuel pump, but after dropping the tank and replacing the fuel pump I was still left with this fuse problem. I really don't know where to start with this is seems like this fuse does affect the fuel pump though because it doesn't seem to want to turn the pump on. The car sounds like it wants to start but seems as if it is starved of fuel. I can't seem to get the fuse to stop blowing. Any ideas ? need help asap.

1998rodeo
08-15-2009, 12:11 AM
mine did the same thing and i ended up taking the entire engine wiring harness off and inspecting it, didnt find any thing so i put it all back on one plug at a time, turning the key on to see if it blew the fush until i got to the last plug and nothing. So i made sure that every thing was good and tried to start it up and it fired right up.

Add your comment to this topic!