Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Fujimi Ferrari 288 GTO / Tamiya F40

JRSLim
05-30-2009, 03:57 PM
Hi
I'm a newbie here...and I enjoy modelling various subjects- armor, aircraft, ships, cars, and I wanted to share a bit here. Thanks to this forum, I decided to buy the Fujimi GTO w/PE to treat myself with my tax return. Opening the box, it does look like a great kit.
Those Photo-etch louvres have me a bit concerned though. The plastic ones are pretty good, but I'm gonna to give the PE ones a try. I have some experience using PE in aircraft and ship models, but if anyone has worked with the louvres that can make suggestions, that would be great. Making a few folds is one thing, but trying to get all those louvres bent the same angle will be a real challenge.

The F40 looks superb. I had read that the rear hood fits like crap, but I test fitted with the body and chassis in place and while it is just a little off, it seems entirely fixable with a little sanding and care. Guess that's the benefit of working on Monogram airplane kits- you get used to fixing fit problems. Is that the only issue, or does the engine cause bad fit?

Thanks for listening
Shaun

Some_Kid
05-30-2009, 06:07 PM
The hood fitment on the F-40 can easily be fixed with a little bending of the rear bumper. Gently push it down under some warm water and it should fit better. You can do more extensive work to it if you are still unhappy with it but that usually takes care of the problem. The f-40 is a great kit, the only thing i dont like about it is the headlights.

Add your comment to this topic!