Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Fuel Cell

CarolinaCavy
05-26-2009, 11:40 AM
I want to do away with my fuel tank and put a fuel cell in the truck. So I was wondering if any one had any suggestion on how to do this, as far as a vent and fuel cell and fuel pump and all that.

J-Ri
05-26-2009, 04:39 PM
I want to do away with my fuel tank and put a fuel cell in the truck. So I was wondering if any one had any suggestion on how to do this, as far as a vent and fuel cell and fuel pump and all that.

Why? Is the trunk too spacious for you as-is? :) I would strongly recommend that you replace the tank if it's leaking, dented, or whatever. If the tank is good, I think you should leave it alone. Check your local laws to see if that is even legal. I'm fairly sure that the law here states that there must be a metal frame between the passenger compartment and the fuel tank. If you do it you need to have the fittings for the pressure line, return line, evap line, and fuel tank pressure sensor if equipped. There may be a problem with the EVAP system (if equipped w/ pressure sensor) if the fuel cell is not the exact same size. The PCM monitors the fuel tank pressure while the purge solenoid is commanded on and watches the pressure drop over "X" seconds. Too big a tank will probbly cause a "leak" code to set if there is enough difference to change the pressure drop. Good luck if you try it.

JStumpalump150
05-26-2009, 05:34 PM
i just read your sig about the white scale, i never knew that was there, lol. i get that it is for your rep but when i click mine it says i have 10 rep points, what does it mean? are they good or bad or both? i am very curious of what i have, lol.

J-Ri
05-26-2009, 05:50 PM
+ is good, - is bad. I also have 10 points, I have since I had one positive feedback, I have 3 now, so unless one was negative (which is very possible from an argument I got into with some jerk in the "Silverado" forum :rolleyes:, but honestly I doubt he would have figured it out), I think it must be something like 1-5 =10 pts, 6-10 =20 pts, etc? Just click on "user CP" to see it, I had a comment from one, but it doesn't show it anymore, it doesn't show positive or negative either. Your reputation is what controls the green/red dot under your name, green is someone with good feedback, red is someone with more negative than positive feedback.

Add your comment to this topic!