Jaguar S-Type Air Conditioner Problem

JohnBurns
05-25-2009, 10:44 PM
My 2003 S-type occasionally starts blowing HOT air when the air conditioner is on. If I turn the control to the lowest setting (60 degrees), I then get cold air out of the center vent and hot air out of the side vents. I can get the whole system to "reset" if I turn off the engine, wait about 30 seconds, and then restart the engine. The air properly comes out of all vents cold then. My local Jaguar Dealer inspected it and found low freon. they added, freon, checked the freon for leaks (found none), but this situation of occasional hot air still happens, irregularly. I would really appreciate any solution which others have found to solve the problem.

BLKJAG
05-28-2009, 08:25 PM
My 2003 S-type occasionally starts blowing HOT air when the air conditioner is on. If I turn the control to the lowest setting (60 degrees), I then get cold air out of the center vent and hot air out of the side vents. I can get the whole system to "reset" if I turn off the engine, wait about 30 seconds, and then restart the engine. The air properly comes out of all vents cold then. My local Jaguar Dealer inspected it and found low freon. they added, freon, checked the freon for leaks (found none), but this situation of occasional hot air still happens, irregularly. I would really appreciate any solution which others have found to solve the problem.

check where your breather and vents are in the engine area, near the top of the windsheild. I have had this issue in the past with other cars. Collects dust, leaves and blocks the system. Use a shop vac, or air compressor to blow out. I do it every spring (after winter) here on all my cars.

danielsatur
05-30-2009, 10:25 AM
The Dual climate control Valve (DCCV) is a electronic control solenoid switch that turns off all
hot coolant going to the Heater core when you are trying to run Air cond on cold.

The dual is for Driver & passenger Air cond control.

It's not unusual for these valves togo bad!

These valves should be exercise by playing with driver/Pass controls during winter months,so the
DCCV don't get seized-up.

Also Check AF > Lincoln > LS

Search this Forum ''No AIR COND''

JohnBurns
05-31-2009, 07:34 PM
I've had a new ClimateControl Module installed, and have had the Freon checked for leaks and topped off.

The Jag Dealer has now $180 of my money and 1400+ of warranty claim money and I still have my original problem with hot air blowing. So far, I can reset it by either: Turning off the engine, waiting 30+ seconds and restarting the engine - OR - Turning the temperature control the the highest setting
for both sides, then reducing it back to 70 degrees. Air conditioner will then work properly for a while. I am
concerned that these ''fixes'' may soon not work, and
Summertime is here. Would appreciate any help or
suggestions.

I don't feel the Jag Dealer has a clue!

danielsatur
06-01-2009, 08:29 PM
1) Find the bleeder hose for your Heater core near Coolant reservoir.
It's a black rubber hose with a plastic screw on the end.

2) With your Engine running and Air cond on Max there should be no coolant comming from hose with the screw out.

The DCCV should turn off coolant flow going to the Heater core and
When you turn on Heat the coolant will flow.

Add your comment to this topic!