Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

T-5 rebuild.... where did this come from??

save_me_jebus
05-24-2009, 02:20 PM
I have just started a rebuild on my 87 T-5 transmission. As i was pulling the top cover off (with i believe 4th and 5/R shift forks) a little pin approx 1.5-2 inchs long and 1/8th inch thick fell out before i had a chance to realize it. I looked all through that cover and there doesnt seem to be any hole that needs a pin, thers one peice that connects to the shift rod with a roll pin, but its still there. Any ideas??? ive looked on an exploded diagram of the tranny but it doesnt list it anywhere on there.

Any help would be awesome!

OldSVTGuy
06-26-2009, 03:03 PM
I am trying to recall right now as I rebuilt mine several years ago. There is a roll pin in the top shift rod that has to be disconnected to get the tranny apart - I THINK! Look on the top shift rod and see if you see anything. Otherwise, I don't recall. Look around and see if anything could use this pin. It has to be something right up there at the top. You are not confusing it with the plastic shift bushing that the round portion of the shifter sits in are you? Look at the bottom of the shifter mechanism, too. Maybe it fell out of that??

Good luck....Let us know if you figure it out.

save_me_jebus
06-29-2009, 01:25 AM
I figured it out, there is a little pin that sits in where the reverse switch sits. So as i pulled the top cover off it slid out.

BUUUUT after i got the trans stripped right apart and opened my rebuild kit.... i noticed the mainshaft is toast wich is a niced 500 dollar part...... So i managed to find a tranny for 500 bucks and thats goin back into the car. To hell with the rebuild hahhaa.

SkylineUSA
07-09-2009, 01:33 PM
If you want to sell that old one, let me know:)

save_me_jebus
07-09-2009, 10:03 PM
Haha i am trying to sell it actually, i was figuring trans and rebuild kit for 350................. But im a ways away from you im up in canada....

SkylineUSA
07-11-2009, 11:21 AM
Haha i am trying to sell it actually, i was figuring trans and rebuild kit for 350................. But im a ways away from you im up in canada....

What rebuild kit did you get?

If you can ship through the Post Office, we're cool:)

save_me_jebus
07-13-2009, 01:46 AM
Its the tremec T5 rebuild kit built by ford racing.... supposidly. If you want to take a look where i got it its from www.themustangshop.ca

i beleive it was around 340 cdn

SkylineUSA
07-13-2009, 10:22 AM
Do you have an email address? PM me, I am interested.

Add your comment to this topic!