Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

was this a good deal?

georgiaboy107
05-24-2009, 02:14 AM
Today I purchased my first BMW. A 1995 325I convertible. From a dealer near Los Angeles. I thought $5885.00 was too good to be true, so I made the purchase right away. now I am worried that I overpaid for a car that caught my eye, without any knowledge of a BMW. The car only had 81,000 miles on it. I did a carfax report and everything seems fine. I already put over 100 miles on it in one day and had no problems, it runs and drives great. Was this a good deal? are there any known problems of these cars that I should look for?

thanks.

MPWR
06-04-2009, 08:36 PM
A mistake? Why would it be a mistake?

The BMW E36 is a terrific car, any way you look at it. If it's in good condition and it runs well, you're probably in good shape. If you look after it, this car will easily see 300k+. What's the worry?

The weak point on these cars is the cooling system. Look after it well. Change the coolant, thermostat, and water pump regularly (every 50-100k mi)- these are things you can do yourself. Keep it topped off with coolant, and use only BMW's coolant!

Otherwise, they are very reliable. They are also good cars to work on (I have two). Treat it well, and it will certainly treat you well.

Add your comment to this topic!