Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

What a pile of crap

Maui Beach Bum
05-23-2009, 01:13 AM
Its no wonder GM is going under. I have never seen such a cheap POS as this 96 Olds 88.
Now someone please explain why you need to change a part tied to the cooling system to replace a belt tensioner? Cheap plastic parts that break as soon as you touch them leaves you stranded.
What a pile of crap. Yes I am pissed off. There is no freaking reason for this.
I'm glad that GM is going under.
I've had it with the cheap junk they build. Enough is enough.
I Also have a 99 suburban I bought new. That POS spent more time in the repair garage than it did in my garage. It is working on its 3rd engine in less than 100000 miles, 3 ac compressors, 2 sets of ujoints, wheel bearings, radios, CD players, heated seats, starters, alternators,fuel pumps, fuel injection, brakes, brake master cylinders, you name it failed. Its a family vehicle not a work truck!Then we have the 96 POS Cadillac sls. Suspension, ac,brakes,transmission,water pump, head gaskets, heater / ac air box fell apart, yeah another fine freaking GM product. I won't even go into the 95 Vette.
Yes, GM can't go under soon enough for me. I have supported them long enough.
Get this, I bought an old 92 Mazda 2 years ago for 1200 bucks that had 113000 miles on it. Here's what I have done to the Mazda since I bought it. NOTHING!!! I change the oil and add gas. I'm done with the buy american, I can't afford it!!! Cheap crap.
Take GM and stick it where the sun doesn't shine. :angryfire:angryfire:angryfire:angryfire:angryfire

maxwedge
05-23-2009, 03:03 PM
Rant over, this is a tech forum, we are moving this to appropriate area. Non-specific.

scorp69
08-10-2009, 10:43 AM
im with maui, im fed up too , it seems these days gm dosent want to make money selling cars , they want to make their money fixing cars , Crapola. they talk about buy american , but what they dont say is how much of the american car parts come from over seas

'97ventureowner
08-10-2009, 11:22 AM
Actually the manufacturers don't make their money off the sales of the vehicles, it's mainly the financing aspect that makes them the big bucks . Also they don't make that much money off of the newer ones if the repair is covered under warranty. And most of the repairs done on the older vehicles is done in independent shops who tend to use second party parts, and aftermarket parts. The profits on the sales of vehicles are affected by the d-saddling of other costs such as retiree benefits and other union mandated costs.

Add your comment to this topic!