Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

please help me

Serpas
05-22-2009, 01:45 PM
Y ave on problem from my venture 97 preston leaking on the right side the engin
Is leaking on the cover timming chain i just ask is the cover or the block

merc81
05-22-2009, 01:53 PM
Not to put too fine a point on it, but you need to communicate a bit better so others can understand what you are asking. My best guess is you are saying you have a big water leak on the right side of the engine?
You will get more replies that help if you are more clear about what you need.

Look at this photo below. The black pipe (about 3 oclock) running from the center to the right side is the water pipe that feeds coolant into the heater core from the engine. It is sealed only with a small O ring and will start to leak badly if disturbed. You can try pushing on the pipe to see if that effects the leak. It is hard to reach, you need to take off many parts of the intake to get to what my photo looks like. The pipe slides right out once you have the room to get to it.
http://cemrweb.cemr.wvu.edu/~mathews/venture/tranny-connector.png
Hope this helps you.

Serpas
05-22-2009, 02:11 PM
Not to put too fine a point on it, but you need to communicate a bit better so others can understand what you are asking. My best guess is you are saying you have a big water leak on the right side of the engine?
You will get more replies that help if you are more clear about what you need.

Look at this photo below. The black pipe (about 3 oclock) running from the center to the right side is the water pipe that feeds coolant into the heater core from the engine. It is sealed only with a small O ring and will start to leak badly if disturbed. You can try pushing on the pipe to see if that effects the leak. It is hard to reach, you need to take off many parts of the intake to get to what my photo looks like. The pipe slides right out once you have the room to get to it.
http://cemrweb.cemr.wvu.edu/~mathews/venture/tranny-connector.png
Hope this helps you.
No this side front to the engin is leaking on the cover timming chaine

elag
05-22-2009, 07:17 PM
Is the water leaking from behind one of the pullies and only when the engine is running? If yes then it sounds like it might be the water pump.

Serpas
05-24-2009, 10:34 AM
is not the water pump is leaking off the block

elag
05-24-2009, 12:33 PM
is not the water pump is leaking off the block

If you can see it coming out of the block it is probably the intake manifold gasket set. These vans are known for this problem.

Add your comment to this topic!