Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

What is happening with Zero paint?

Marco956
05-21-2009, 07:56 AM
What's going on Steve?
Are gone ...

Cheesey153
05-21-2009, 08:12 AM
I noticed this earlier today. It seems that the only Zero paints listed on the site are the generic colours, and that the manufacturer specific paints are gone. A licensing issue perhaps?

jano11
05-21-2009, 08:27 AM
Man, that can't be true! :(
Last night I stayed up late to look up some BMW paint codes to place an order and now they are gone?!

Cheesey153
05-21-2009, 08:36 AM
Ha! I placed an order last night but forgot to include a Ferrari colour in it. So I went on to the site today to re-order it (and another Ferrari colour) but they're all gone....
Of course, if we know the colour code of a paint we can still obtain it.

I've tried finding paint codes on the internet but there doesn't seem to be an easy way of doing this. What I want to be able to do is find the names and codes that were availale on (for example) a new Jaguar XJ-S., or BMW 635 CSI, or Ford Sierra etc etc.
Can this be done online? I'm stuuck!

BVC500
05-21-2009, 08:58 AM
The custom paint item is still available. Maybe you just have to order through that.

jano11
05-21-2009, 09:00 AM
The custom paint item is still available. Maybe you just have to order through that.

Hopefully.

Cheesey153
05-21-2009, 09:02 AM

Yes, that's the point I was making. Problem is, you have to know the correct code to order.

BVC500
05-21-2009, 09:05 AM
Yeah, I've always had the code, since the paints I've ordered from him were never listed. Try this website for paint codes:

www.paintscratch.com

Cheesey153
05-21-2009, 09:11 AM
Yeah, I've always had the code, since the paints I've ordered from him were never listed. Try this website for paint codes:

www.paintscratch.com (http://www.paintscratch.com)

That site is now bookmarked. Thank you sir!

BVC500
05-21-2009, 09:14 AM
That site is now bookmarked. Thank you sir!

That site has actually been the most helpful. I don't know why it has to be so damn hard to find paint codes. I think the paint companies jealously guard their paint! Hopefully, they didn't get to Zero! That would be awful.

gionc
05-21-2009, 09:27 AM
May be Steve just got issues with brands and rights: I guess nothing is changed and he'll mix everything also without a showcase. I received by few days last custom mixed stuff so...

nakadds
05-21-2009, 09:51 AM
May be Steve just got issues with brands and rights: I guess nothing is changed and he'll mix everything also without a showcase. I received by few days last custom mixed stuff so...

It's stated on the site he can no longer list the car brand due to legal reasons. Maybe steve can list all the paints available on this forum and then update it monthly or have a list we can subscribe to.

spideyman
05-21-2009, 03:12 PM
:moppie:This figures, I just going to put in a big order too! :angryfire

Steve, if you should happen to set it up to where we can still get the paint we need please let know......."help us O-B-One-Steve, you're our only hope" :1zhelp:

:sadwavey:

BVC500
05-21-2009, 03:15 PM
According to Nakadds, you still can, you just have to go through the old process of "custom order" bottles and putting all of the paint code info in the note section of your order.

Cheesey153
05-21-2009, 03:45 PM
According to Nakadds, you still can, you just have to go through the old process of "custom order" bottles and putting all of the paint code info in the note section of your order.

The only problem with that is that the 'regular' Zero paints cost £4.65 whereas if you order 'custom' paint on the website it costs £5.99.

nomad_fsoak
05-21-2009, 05:59 PM
One more webpage for getting the right code / formula for specific pait (http://www.sherwineu.com/Color/FormulaRetrieval/tabid/60/language/en-US/default.aspx)

Hiroboy
05-22-2009, 02:37 AM
Hi Guys

It seems that I'm in the sights the lawyers this week. hummmmmm
Many letters (Red Ball, Lambrogina, Jagermestar, F0rd and Pocrshe) have arrived stating that we need to stop producing paints with manufactures names in them e.g. Jagermeistar Orange (spelt wrong I know to stop google indexing this)

Which it would appear is confusing customers , thinking it is an official product, we can NOT use the name "Jagermeistar" anywhere in the description of the product as it is profiting from the use of a trademarked name.

I feel this is bullsh*t but need to find a legal solution to the problem before we continue to sell them.

I know many places like Half∞rds (UK) sell Porsche- Cobalt Blue touch up paints, which I'm being told is technically wrong and infringes trademark and copyrights.

I'm sure many of you will have opinions on the subject, but until I get legal conclusion they will not be listed as before.
Custom Paint mixing is now the same price as standard 60ml bottles.
please quote the make and code etc at the checkout in the comments box.

Phew I think this has covered it for now. I'm off on a few days rest over the bank holiday.........Then think more..

BTW we can not sell the E.Jan RB5 kits as we have been targeted about this license infringement as well, so with retreat it seems we will need to refund all pre-orders.
If you want to contact me about any of this please email support@hiroboy.com only do not PM as I don't accept them any longer due to time restrictions etc.

btdada
05-22-2009, 02:50 AM
Hi Guys

It seems that I'm in the sights the lawyers this week. hummmmmm
Many letters (Red Ball, Lambrogina, Jagermestar, F0rd and Pocrshe) have arrived stating that we need to stop producing paints with manufactures names in them e.g. Jagermeistar Orange (spelt wrong I know to stop google indexing this)

Which it would appear is confusing customers , thinking it is an official product, we can NOT use the name "Jagermeistar" anywhere in the description of the product as it is profiting from the use of a trademarked name.

I feel this is bullsh*t but need to find a legal solution to the problem before we continue to sell them.

I know many places like Half∞rds (UK) sell Porsche- Cobalt Blue touch up paints, which I'm being told is technically wrong and infringes trademark and copyrights.

I'm sure many of you will have opinions on the subject, but until I get legal conclusion they will not be listed as before.
Custom Paint mixing is now the same price as standard 60ml bottles.
please quote the make and code etc at the checkout in the comments box.

Phew I think this has covered it for now. I'm off on a few days rest over the bank holiday.........Then think more..

BTW we can not sell the E.Jan RB5 kits as we have been targeted about this license infringement as well, so with retreat it seems we will need to refund all pre-orders.
If you want to contact me about any of this please email support@hiroboy.com only do not PM as I don't accept them any longer due to time restrictions etc.

poor Steve, I here represent whole Chinese nation to support your business

gtziaf
05-22-2009, 04:25 AM
Unbelievable!!!
These idiots are don 't understand that when we built and presented a model, (in a website or to an expo) with their liveries, we made advertisement to their companies...
In this way, I think companies must leave trademarks free, to the models and hobbies.
Steve good patience with this complicated situation.

spideyman
05-22-2009, 05:00 AM
This maybe a stupid question, but when ordering the paint, where it says paint code. Does he need the factory paint code or like a PPG code.

Thanks

:wave:

Hiroboy
05-22-2009, 05:58 AM
We need the Car/Bike Manufactures Factory Code only
PPG Code is NO good for mixing Non PPG paints as the numbers do not cross reference.
Our paint is supplied by Lechler, you can check paint formulas online at http://explorer.lechler.it/ (It can be slow) we use a local DVD version

Here is a example list of Ferrari names and codes :
Argento Nuerburgring (Met Silver) 101-111
Azzurro California (Met Silver) 524
Azzurro Ferrari (Met) 515C
Azzurro Hyperion Mica 517C
Bianco Avus (White) 100
Bianco Fuji (Pearl White) 137.739
Bleu Montecarlo (Non metallic) 20-A-548
Blu Dino - 106-A-72
Blu Lapisazzulo - 136.713
Blu Le Mans Mica 516
Blu Nart (Met Blue) 523
Blu Pozzi (Blue) 521
Blu Tour de France (Met Blue) 522
Blue Mirabeau 290.829
Canna Di Fucile (Met Black) (703.C)
Giallo Fly 102 (1982 - Onwards)
Giallo Fly Y191 (1969-1973)
Giallo Modena (Yellow) 4305
Grigio 612 Scaglietti (no code)
Grigio Alloy (Silver/Blue Metallic) 750
Grigio Ingrid (Met Silver) 720
Grigio Silverstone 740
Grigio Titanio (Met Silver) 3238
Iron Grey - 290.604
Marrone Metallizato 800.C
Nero (Black) 1240
Nero Daytona (Met Black) 910
Nuovo Nero Daytona (Met Black) 506
Oro Chiaro - 104.C
Rosso Barchetta (Red) 312
Rosso Chiaro R190
Rosso Corsa (322) Slightly Lighter than Rosso Corsa 300
Rosso Corsa (Red) 300
Rosso Dino - R-350
Rosso Fiorano (Met Red) 321
Rosso Rubino R9 (1967)
Rosso Scuderia (Red) 323
Rubino Micalizzato 203.154
Tour de France (Met Blue) 522
Verde Opale - 290.309
Verde Zeltweg (Met Green) 610

Marco956
05-22-2009, 06:42 AM
And the names of brands and sponsors will not be on paints?

Hiroboy
05-22-2009, 07:29 AM
https://www.hiroboy.com/catalog/images/new-zero.jpg
New Labels may need to be worded like this ??

drunken monkey
05-22-2009, 07:42 AM
how about saying it is "Paint To Match Gaillo Modena - 4305"

Marco956
05-22-2009, 07:51 AM
https://www.hiroboy.com/catalog/images/new-zero.jpg
New Labels may need to be worded like this ??

Perfect

Cheesey153
05-22-2009, 08:03 AM
Given the ludicrous claim that customers are confused about the brand labelling, and that we're stupid enough to believe they are the 'official' paints, maybe it would be wise NOT to say 'As used on Ferrari cars'? Some lawyer or other might see that as an opportunuity to write another letter to you informing you that Zero Paints actually aren't used on Ferrari cars.....
An alternative might be 'Same colour as used on Ferrari cars'.

Anyway, this can wait - you've got an order of mine that needs to be packed & dispatched! :)

Cheesey153
05-22-2009, 08:21 AM
Sorry to take this marginally off-topic, but seeing as we're talking about Zero Paints and we have your ear Steve, would it be possible to supply all your paint in a choice of both 30ml & 60ml jars?
I know you're being conservative when you say 60ml should be enough for two 1/24 car bodies but my experience is that a 60ml jar will cover WAY more than that, and quite frankly is often WAY too much for my needs.
If all paints were also available in 30ml jars I'd be able to buy a greater selection of those lovely lovely colours..... :)

Jon.

ericmaxman
05-22-2009, 08:42 AM
Unbelievable!!!
These idiots are don 't understand that when we built and presented a model, (in a website or to an expo) with their liveries, we made advertisement to their companies...
In this way, I think companies must leave trademarks free, to the models and hobbies.
Steve good patience with this complicated situation.

This could be a reason why many manufacturers are less inclined to release new models from these particular models, ie Ford. How many model manufacturers actually have a proper Ford model these days? I know Renaissance has the Focus WRC in resin, but as for licensing issues, that is a whole different story. Imagine this, they used to bug us modelers duplicating parts, and now, PAINT? I do feel that boycotting them might be the only solution. They are getting a little too over their heads with this bl**dy licensing already. If it wasn't for these licensing issues, I bet that most manufacturers will be more than willing to release more new cars a year. But then again, factors like the numbers of modelers etc are also important. We modelers are not many, really.

Enough with that, I do hope Steve manages to pull through this smoothly. Good luck mate !

stevenoble
05-22-2009, 09:14 AM
Will you still be able to mix the non manufacturer colours such as the specific ones for F1 cars..??? (J*rd*n 191 greens, M*L*ren MP Red etc) It would be a shame to see those disappear from the store.

gionc
05-22-2009, 09:55 AM
Lambrogina....

I confess, I must take a moment and thought about :D

Can I register this name Steve? Sounds cool, may be good brand to sell cool umbrella or sexy lingerie :D

spideyman
05-22-2009, 01:33 PM
I just put in an order, thanks again Steve

Hiroboy
05-22-2009, 02:36 PM
Given the ludicrous claim that customers are confused about the brand labelling, and that we're stupid enough to believe they are the 'official' paints, maybe it would be wise NOT to say 'As used on Ferrari cars'? Some lawyer or other might see that as an opportunuity to write another letter to you informing you that Zero Paints actually aren't used on Ferrari cars.....
An alternative might be 'Same colour as used on Ferrari cars'.

Anyway, this can wait - you've got an order of mine that needs to be packed & dispatched! :)

Well spotted :bigthumb:

It now reads :
GIALLO MODENA 4305
Similar to that used on Ferrari Cars

aitala
05-22-2009, 05:49 PM
So just to make sure - will you be offering Zero paints under new names to avoid the trademark issues? Especially the competition colors for F1, WRC, etc.?

Thanks

Eric

f1m@f1m.com

aitala
05-22-2009, 05:53 PM
So to make sure - will you be selling Zero paints using new names / labels? Specifically the competition colors - F1, WRC, etc?

Eric

f1m@f1m.com

willimo
05-22-2009, 09:34 PM
Perhaps "Not much unlike the colors of paint used by an Italian car manufacturer with the name beginning with 'F' and ending in 'errari'" would be a more legally neutral decision?

More power to you, Steve. We all know what the colors are, and we won't be calling you in for it!

TireGaint
05-23-2009, 06:10 AM
Hi Steve, I just want to order some paints from you. We need Zero Paint. Modelling needs Zero Paint. Please PM me.

khairy1974
05-23-2009, 08:36 AM
Hey, Steve....

I've just received my 2003 Honda RCV....and thought of using Zero paint for the bike....

How can I order the exact Zero paint for these particular bike? Or in any case, any MotoGP bikes?

BVC500
05-23-2009, 09:48 AM
Y'all, according to Steve nothing has changed in terms of ordering paint. He just won't be able to use manufacturer names on the bottle. Keep on ordering.

spideyman
05-23-2009, 11:13 AM
Y'all, according to Steve nothing has changed in terms of ordering paint. He just won't be able to use manufacturer names on the bottle. Keep on ordering.

This is all true, I just ordered two bottles from Steve yesterday with no problems. All you have to do is click on his "CUSTOM PAINT" tab. Then just fallow the instructions he has layed out. He has even lowered the price of the custom paint bottles to match the Zero. It is really easy people.:sunglasse

willimo
05-23-2009, 12:06 PM
It's not the ordering that's confounding everyone, it's reading the thread.

jano11
05-23-2009, 02:06 PM
It's not the ordering that's confounding everyone, it's reading the thread.

Yep, they didn't yet learned to read it carefully before posting their (repeat) questions.

keefr22
05-26-2009, 06:04 PM
Steve, let's hope that these bl**dy stupid lawyers do decide to have a go at Half*rds, & if they do, let's hope Half*rds take them on & beat some sense into the stupid b'tards that are running these car companies. It goes a lot deeper than paint if they take this to the limit - are F*rd, V*uxhall etc , going to stop H*lfords & all the rest of the independent parts suppliers labelling their brake pads or oil filters or whatever as being suitable for their cars? Do they really expect that we're all going to start buying the parts from them at their vastly inflated prices? I don't think so..... In fact, I'm pretty sure that there was an EU court case a few years back where they said it was a restriction of trade for the car companies to try to do this very sort of thing??
So hopefully one of the 'big boys' will fight back & they'll finally realise model cars don't actually infringe their stupid copywrites & trademarks!! :mad:

What a load of complete b*llocks this is !!

Good luck

PS - I agree with Cheesey on his request of being able to choose 30 ml bottles if it were possible!
Keef

spideyman
06-03-2009, 06:32 PM
Hopefully this will ease people’s worries, the day after all of this started Steve had said to just order under the custom paint section. That same day I did just that, since when this all had happened was the same day that had hoped to place in an order. So I fallowed the instructions that were laid out by him on the website, it was ordered, it was shipped and today it was received (queue epic music).:loser:
I took a quick picture to show how it all looks, and that it does work. Thank you once again Steve for all that you do for us in this hobby of ours, and I look forward to many more dealings with you in the future.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3555/3593070085_4fe9381b4b.jpg?v=0

IanHug
06-04-2009, 03:44 AM
Normal service appears to have been resumed - no need to use custom & supply paint codes.

All the old favorites & a few more are now being badged as "colour matched".

http://www.hiroboy.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=48_77

ferrari2k
06-04-2009, 11:04 AM
Nice to see that, already ordered some. But I am still missing the Rothmans blue for the Williams FW16 from 1994. Can anyone help me with that?

sausage
02-17-2010, 05:49 PM
I was at hiroboy trying to order some of these colors but there are no color samples listed. Does anyone know where I can find a color chart of ferrari colors? I also want to avoid getting what I can get in Tamiya or Gunze.. does anyone know what Zero colors Tamiya's Italian Red, Mica Blue, and so on match?

star21
02-17-2010, 10:10 PM
I was at hiroboy trying to order some of these colors but there are no color samples listed. Does anyone know where I can find a color chart of ferrari colors? I also want to avoid getting what I can get in Tamiya or Gunze.. does anyone know what Zero colors Tamiya's Italian Red, Mica Blue, and so on match?

If it's manufacturer paint then he usually lists the paint code or at least the factory color name. I just punch in the number or color name in google and try to search for the corresponding car that it goes on. That might give you a better idea.

As far as the Tamiya/Gunze/etc. colors, it depends on what car you're trying to replicate I'd suspect. He's also got specific paint colors that are "similar" to Tamiya paints on there (i.e. TS-49).

Since it looks like you're from the states, have you also tried scalefinishes.com? Free shipping ain't too bad and colors that aren't listed Jameston can usually mix up for you if it's price feasible.

Add your comment to this topic!