Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

One for the books. Schematic for IP & Digital Climate control.

STONEBOSS1
05-17-2009, 02:07 PM
Does anyone in the Regal forum have access to the schematics for the IP cluster and the digital dual climate control for a 2000 Regal LS. I need to find out the values to certain resistors that need to be replaced. Especially the surface mount types located in the HVAC
unit, there are I believe 8 of them marked 241 on their surface. Upon dismantling the unit I noticed that a few are missing. So I need to purchase new ones (241), but I'm not sure
a) If they are resistors
b) their values ( ohms and wattage )
c) where to purchase them
The resistors for the IP cluster I have already purchased from Radio Shack, they are
1/2watt-150 ohm types part #271-1109. These will repair the dim or blacked out digital display for the odometer mileage and if GS model the DIC display as well. Again if anyone has access to the schematics for the HVAC digital unit would be mostly appreciated.

STONEBOSS1
05-19-2009, 03:08 PM
Anyone with a comment or info on this topic. I'm at a stand still in repairing the AC unit. I've searched many web sites regarding resistors. But I am told that I would need the values of the resistors so that I can go ahead and order them.

eccs19
05-20-2009, 01:45 PM
I didn't read this over, but maybe this will help you out.

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=921143

STONEBOSS1
05-20-2009, 03:20 PM
Thanks for the response eccs19. I've already read/reviewed the link you sent me. It will become useful when I do the repairs. I've already did additional research on those SMT
(surface mount resistors). I've located a manufacturer/supplier in NJ that will supply me with the missing resistors that I need. Most of these suppliers require a minimum order of
5000 pieces. I was lucky enough to find a kind soul and he will send me the 10 pcs. that I
need for free. Should get them in a day or so. Once I repair the a/c unit I will post a write up on how to remove/repair the IP cluster, a/c unit(digital) and radio.

Add your comment to this topic!