Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Geo Metro 1.0 Turbo

ydeardorff
05-13-2009, 03:11 PM
I have been looking around and have been told you can litterally bolt up the chevy sprint 3 cylinder turbo into a Metro.

Anyone done this? I hear the only mods that have to bo done is plumbing the oil lines.

Crvett69
05-14-2009, 02:11 AM
your best bet is to get a complete turbo motor and wiring harness out of a 89 or newer canadian metro. it would run with just the turbo but it would run to lean and you would start burning pistons. the factory setup had seperate injectors instead of a tbi setup, it also had a intercooler and hood scoop you can make your own intercooler make up a seperate injector for when its under boost but factory already designed all that. also the turbo made 78hp. if you really want to go fast drop in a swift GT motor, 100hp stock. that about double what the stock metro makes

ydeardorff
05-14-2009, 08:34 AM
I was more looking for the novelty of saying its a geo metro GT LOL but functionally I was wanting abit more torque to get over some pretty big hills on my way to work, as I live in the mountains, and have to drive 55 mile each way to work. also without sacrificing oo much on mileage.

Johnny Mullet
05-14-2009, 08:36 PM
I was more looking for the novelty of saying its a geo metro GT LOL but functionally I was wanting abit more torque to get over some pretty big hills on my way to work, as I live in the mountains, and have to drive 55 mile each way to work. also without sacrificing oo much on mileage.

I suggest you get a 3Tech economy camshaft and advanced timing gear! This mod will give the car more pulling power for hills and better fuel economy.

You can get them here..........
3Tech Performance (http://geometroforum.com/pages/3tech)

You can see the complete "How To" on the swap here.........
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=951450

ydeardorff
05-14-2009, 10:28 PM
Too sweet! thank you!!!

This will be a nice addition to my car, the interior and body shell are all that original in it. LOL Ill be adding this to my list of to do's for the car.

I cant wait for my new stereo to get here!! 2 din dvd, navigation system, back up camera, bluetooth, you name it it has it even TV. LOL subs, alpine speakers, now all I need is a parcel shelf, and window tint to hide all my toys.

Add your comment to this topic!