Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

95 corsica 2.2 Automatic, engine movment and large popping

brink007
05-08-2009, 03:49 PM
Ill get quick to the point.

Recently, within the past 48 hours my 1995 Corsica( 88k miles) started making a large popping sound from the engine.

Anytime I shift from park to reverse, or to drive it makes a scarry popping sound and I feel a jerking movment.

The car also pops very loud when Im going 30MPH and braking as I aproach a stop sign.

I had my wife shift gears in the driveway with the hood up so I could watch the engine.

The engine block moved ( alot, more than I ever recall if moving ) and then a large pop as it finished moving forward.

I am starting to think it could be an engine mount, or a transmisson mount. Would a broken engine mount allow the engine to move forward and make a poping sound as I slow down at a stop sign?? like it shifting forward from momentum.... I have no idea what to look for, but I have alot of common sense, is there anyone that can help me out?

The car is only worth 800bucks at most and Im not sure its worth a high dollar repair.

I greatly appreciate any help!

Anthony

brink007
05-08-2009, 05:43 PM
Went to Advance auto, really nice guy named Mike took a look, said it was without question the front rubber mounting bracket. I don't have the skill or equipment to do this job, so I guess Ill have to let a garage suck 200-400 bucks out of my bank account.... sigh. :banghead:

Its a great running car so ill put the cash into it, but not much more.

I thank everyone that took a look at this post.

Anthony

Add your comment to this topic!