Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

95 talon wont start - no fuel pressure

eclipse787
05-08-2009, 07:47 AM
my brother is thinking about buying a talon esi, but it won't start. yesterday we went to see it and i narrowed it down to the fuel system. anybody know why there wouldn't be fuel at the fuel rail (I took off the fuel line going to the fuel rail coming from the filter)? other than the obvious fault of the fuel pump it self. do we have some type of theft system or any other system that will disable the fuel pump?

I tested the relay- its good
had my brother turn the key on while i put my ear on the tank under the seat- no sound at all.

dad wont let him buy it unless it starts and drives home. other wise it would already be in the driveway...

91 bird
05-08-2009, 08:04 AM
no noise from the tank would tell me that the fuel pump is junk. most antitheft systems will also kill the spark, and starter as not to cause damage to these systems or a possible bypass from the battery to the pump.

david-b
05-08-2009, 09:06 AM
As long as the relay is good, if the pump is not making any noise, then that is more than likely the problem. Also might want to make sure that there is actual power going to the pump by disconnecting the connector under the seat and hooking it up to a voltmeter and making sure power is flowing to the pump.

Add your comment to this topic!