Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Service after 15000

guy_mu1
05-07-2009, 09:11 PM
Hi,

Few months back I bought a used 2008 Civic and just got 15000 miles servicing done at the dealer shop. They did the service according to the manual and at then I paid $200+ for following package. I have a feeling at that I was ripped off. Do you guys think so too? I am in plainsboro, NJ. There was no additional servicing done.

Change engine oil and filter
rotate tires, reset tire pressure and inspect wear
lube door and hood hinges
inspect front brakes for wear and lubricate cliper side pins
inspect rear brakes for wear and adjust as needed
adjust parking brake
check al belts and hoses
replace wiper inserts
inspect cooling system hoses and connections and check for leaks
vusual inspection of exhaust, cv boots, drive shafts and steering
complete inspection of safety and electrical items
check and re-torque all suspension mounting bolts
road test after service.

crazyy_e
06-10-2009, 09:41 PM
That's about what I paid ($200 with tax) for the B1 maintenance here in Ontario Canada. Not sure if everyone else is like that, but I'm thinking most Honda dealerships are mostly all standard in price.

BullShifter
10-05-2009, 09:14 PM
That's not a rip off, that's what keeps Honda's going for 500,000 miles. Your 30K service will be even more than the 15k but well worth if you plan on keeping the car.

My g/f's car is a 2001 Civic with 207,000 miles without a service or oil change missed and it looks good. Still on original rear brakes, no oil leaks, etc. On the other hand we have customers with the same cars with less than half the miles that are total junk because they werent taken care of. The only secret to a Honda lasting a long time is maintenance!

svncircles
12-14-2009, 11:21 PM
yes, it's amazing what proper maintenance can do for your car. the $200 service is a little steep, but that's keeping honda's name what it is.. RELIABILITY.

Add your comment to this topic!