Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Which Civic should i buy

billygoat420
05-05-2009, 05:09 PM
The 1992 Honda Civic has:
The engine started out as a basic mini-me swap(d15block, d16z6 head) I had the head and block milled,the car has 12:1 compression with 11 pounds of boost, je rings, pistons, crank micropolished, clevite race bearings, gsr water pump, skunk2 cam, aem cam gear, aem fuel rail, aem fuel filter, nology plug wires, zex spark plugs, jackson racing supercharger w/ 10psi pulley modified, new drive belt, stand alone fuel management run by an apexi controller, 03 mustang cobra fuel pump, gsr injectors, dc 4-1 header, obx exhaust, fluidyne radiator, lightened flywheel, centerforce stage 3 clutch, taylor battery relocation kit. I just put a new Optima yellow top battery and new alternator in.

HAS AROUND 300 HP AND 298 LB,FT TORQUE

This one needs paint job and interior work. Talk hims down to 5,000 for it.

1994 Civic has:
Built d16z6 SOHC VTEC, JE pistons, Eagle H connecting rods, billet stroker crank, Skunk 2 Vtec cam, AEM cam gear and fuel pressure regulator, Endyne valves and retainers, OBX racing intake, T3/T4 kspower turbo charger(20lb), , Koyo radiator, OBX silicone hoses, NGK plugs and wires, Chrome catch can and valve cover, high flow fuel rail and walboro 255lph fuel pump, under hood fuel pressure gauge, 450cc fuel injectors, chrome fire extingusher, stage 3- 6 puck Clutchmaster clutch and 8lb flywheel, stock ign, Greddy boost controller, urethane engine mounts, 3" turbo back exhaust with a glass pack split into 2 in back, cometic head gasket, head studs, safety lock open thermostat

HAS 375 HP AT WHEELS

A few dings and maybe 600 in extra work, He wants 9,500

BOTH CARS HAVE UNDER 5K MILES ON ENGINE AND TRANNY, EITHER REBUILT OR BLUE PRINTED.

Which would you choose.

CivicSpoon
05-06-2009, 06:54 PM
Neither. I'd buy a stock Civic and modify it myself, so I know it was done right. Otherwise, you have to ask yourself why the person is selling it. Chances are it's because something doesn't run right, or it's just their project car they got bored with.

Add your comment to this topic!