Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Remote Starter installed today...

spike88
05-05-2009, 01:28 PM

My wife & I bought an '09 Montana EWB 1SB "with other options from 1SC" last March 30. Surprisingly, it took my local GM dealer a month of waiting for "back order" of GM remote starter kits. Today, it finally got installed - and works great. Special thanks to one member of this board. Back 2 months ago, I remember reading an `option recommendation list` from '97ventureowner. re: If one could order 1 additional option (during "selling price negociations"), which would it be? I remember '97ventureowner emphasizing that 3rd party Remote Starters don't work well within the Uplander / Montana vans. Thus, I also asked for GM Remote start inclusion. `GM Remote Starter` was the first option inclusion I asked for. Many thanks '97ventureowner. Good call on this one as well....

Giant smile.

shanilf
08-04-2009, 10:14 PM
I need to install a remote started on my uplander before the fall.. The remote starters at the dealer are way too expensive. was thinking of installing one from aftermarket .. such as futureshop who has a service that installs these starters...

are you saying that the aftermarket starters do not really work well with the uplanders????

'97ventureowner
08-04-2009, 10:24 PM
I need to install a remote started on my uplander before the fall.. The remote starters at the dealer are way too expensive. was thinking of installing one from aftermarket .. such as futureshop who has a service that installs these starters...

are you saying that the aftermarket starters do not really work well with the uplanders????

Yes, you run the risk of improper installation, or something going wrong and it ends up not working right. I learned my lesson and didn't look at it as being expensive, rather as something installed by a GM trained employee knowledgeable about the factory system, using a system designed for my vehicle, and not one that is a one size fits all type of system. To date i have had NO issues with my dealer installed system, and consider it money well spent.
First off, make sure your Uplander comes ready for a factory system from the factory. Your dealer should be able to tell you by the vehicle's VIN # or SPID sticker.

shanilf
08-05-2009, 05:40 AM
Thank you for the advise.. Yes, my uplander is equipped to have the remote starter installed...

Add your comment to this topic!