08 Remote Fob Replacement

Paul94Z28
05-03-2009, 09:40 PM
Hi-

I purchased a new remote fob to replace one of the failing ones I have. I wish to sync it up to the vehicle. I have done searches, but the methods recommended do not work. Is there something specific with the 08 Model?

I tried using the power lock switch and ignition method that appears to have worked for an 05 model. Do I need to pull the radio fuse or not?

On a side not, this was a good excuse to check out the personalization options - cool!

'97ventureowner
05-03-2009, 11:59 PM
I'm in the same boat as you. I just misplaced one of my fobs on my '06. I had the dealer install a factory unit in '08 and got 2 remotes with it. I just bought one from eBay and looked for instructions as well. I spoke to a friend who happens to be a service manager at our local Chevy dealer and he said something about using the "lock" and "unlock" buttons on the fob at the same time, alternating between the 2 buttons. I'm going to look further into that and see. I might get some time this week to try it, but have had a procrastination streak lately :lol:. I'll post any results I get from trying this method. Hopefully the method I get to work on my '06 will also work on an '08 model. I know you hav to re-synch all the remotes at the same time for them to work.

Wubs
09-09-2014, 11:59 AM
Did you get your FOB working? I need to purchase one to replace my wife's failing unit and want to know what's involved.

Thanks!

Paul94Z28
09-10-2014, 06:59 AM
I ended up taking it to the dealer and they did it for free. Go GM!

busman1239
11-18-2014, 11:01 AM
Hi Wubs, maybe too late now but did you try these people,
http://www.keylessfix.com/shop/ right around the corner from you.Worked great for me.

Tech II
11-18-2014, 11:26 AM
If just replacing a battery, insome cases, holding the lock and unlock buttons at the same time for about 5 seconds, you will hear the horn chirp, and the fob is back in synch.....if it doesn't work, then a Tech II scanner is needed...

woscarr
01-10-2016, 08:00 AM
I had the same problem with 08 when I bought it last year. One remote barely worked and the other was dead.

I replaced the batteries and cleaned the circuit boards and rubber pads with rubbing alcohol. At first I bought those Silvania 2032's from the dollar store and same thing both remotes barely worked, so I bought Energizers and they both work great now.

I also checked the battery contacts for loose solder contacts, both were good though.

By the way I do this with all my remotes. My home stereo Harman Kardon was acting up had to push buttons hard to make it work. I cleaned the the contacts with rubbing alcohol and it works great now also..

Cheers.
Wayne.

Add your comment to this topic!