Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

My 2002 Xterra...a few simple questions

maryshome8
05-03-2009, 05:16 PM
These questions are very simple...but I'm hoping someone that works with these can help me.

1. I want to add a hitch on the back of my Xterra..however, that is where the spare tire is..how is this done?

2. The entire front grill cover of my truck has oxydized...I don't live near the beach, haven't used anything but car soap, why did this happen? Parts of the interior dash has oxydized as well.

3. Adding an IPod doc...how is this done????

THANKS!

Schludwiller
05-03-2009, 09:41 PM
The hitch goes around the spare tire. You need frame strengtheners to reinforce the frame for the hitch. Nissan make a hitch for the Xterra. There are others, but this is probably the easiest for you.

Your truck is 7 years old so some oxidation is normal. If you're in a sunny/hot area of the US, even more. Mother's "Back to Black" has helped some people.

Hope that helps.

OffroadX
05-10-2009, 05:14 PM
There are several aftermarket hitches as well, none include the frame stiffeners/reinforcements, but are plenty suitable for moderate-duty work. If you're pushing the 5000 lb. limit and/or heavy tongue weights, consider the factory one. If you're just looking to tow your jet skis or haul some bikes, no worries.

Add your comment to this topic!