Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Mystery Engine Componant

chrisanthony
05-02-2009, 02:14 PM
Hi

I have a 96 lx auto.

I'm wondering what this component is. It's not mentioned in the Haynes manuals. I'm thinking a security alarm horn, but i didn't buy the car with any security features lol. On the component it says Audiovox with a 10 amp fuse attached to it.

Can you guys confirm this?...please see screen shot for circled item.

Thanks,
Chris

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/2606/img0692edit.th.jpg (http://img9.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0692edit.jpg)

toddman67
05-02-2009, 02:48 PM
If the box has a lable on it from Audiovox, It is more than likely a security system or a remote start/security system.
Get a part number (if possable) and enter it along with the audiovox name in you search bar and you'll probably get some info on it.

Audiovox has a web site with the current products they sell, with user and installation manuals available.

chrisanthony
05-02-2009, 05:16 PM
If the box has a lable on it from Audiovox, It is more than likely a security system or a remote start/security system.
Get a part number (if possable) and enter it along with the audiovox name in you search bar and you'll probably get some info on it.

Audiovox has a web site with the current products they sell, with user and installation manuals available.

Thanks I didn't know my car had security, the previous owners must have not included the security system and left the alarm in there...

Do you know what that metal component bolted on to the passenger side shock to the left of the windshield fluid is?..

toddman67
05-02-2009, 06:13 PM
It's hard to tell from the pic. Perhaps it might be a anti-corrosion protection system?

Again, part number and manufacture name might help. Throw the # and name at your search engine and see what comes up.

chrisanthony
05-02-2009, 08:10 PM
It's hard to tell from the pic. Perhaps it might be a anti-corrosion protection system?

Again, part number and manufacture name might help. Throw the # and name at your search engine and see what comes up.

Hi toddman i just researched it. We are right its an alarm siren. I would have to take it out since it serves no purpose anymore..

toddman67
05-02-2009, 08:40 PM
Good deal. Glad to help.

Add your comment to this topic!