Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Car keeps dying with lots of codes..

Jag1980
05-01-2009, 01:14 AM
I have a 1998 Hyundai Elantra 1.8L with Automatic Transmission

I’m Using Code Reader Mac Tools ET50 (Launch CscannerIV)

Freeze Frame with no MIL Drove car then MIL come on with this code
P1600
Calculated Load 8.62%
S.T Fuel Trim B1 -82.81%
L.T Fuel Trim B1 -82.81%

Engine running with no MIL
Po713

Engine Codes Key on with MIL
P0310
Cylinder 10 Misfire Detected

P1700

P0710 (pd)
Transmission Fluid Temperature Sensor Circuit

P1B00 (pd)

My car is all stock. Been driving fine for months with no problems

My car died driving down the road with engine light on, tried 10 times to start the car but it failed to start.
15 Min's later the car started and no engine light, I was able to drive 5 miles and then it died again with engine light on, failed to start..
I let the car sit 15 Min's and then the car started and I was able to drive it the rest of the way home with the engine light on (about 5 miles)

I erased the codes
Car starts and I drove 50 feet and car died with engine light come back on, car started right up and drove it back wards 50 feet back to my driveway.
I checked the codes again and I am pulling all the codes that are mentioned above.

What could this be?

jyoung1z
05-03-2009, 03:09 PM
I have a 1998 Hyundai Elantra 1.8L with Automatic Transmission

I’m Using Code Reader Mac Tools ET50 (Launch CscannerIV)

Freeze Frame with no MIL Drove car then MIL come on with this code
P1600
Calculated Load 8.62%
S.T Fuel Trim B1 -82.81%
L.T Fuel Trim B1 -82.81%

Engine running with no MIL
Po713

Engine Codes Key on with MIL
P0310
Cylinder 10 Misfire Detected

P1700

P0710 (pd)
Transmission Fluid Temperature Sensor Circuit

P1B00 (pd)

My car is all stock. Been driving fine for months with no problems

My car died driving down the road with engine light on, tried 10 times to start the car but it failed to start.
15 Min's later the car started and no engine light, I was able to drive 5 miles and then it died again with engine light on, failed to start..
I let the car sit 15 Min's and then the car started and I was able to drive it the rest of the way home with the engine light on (about 5 miles)

I erased the codes
Car starts and I drove 50 feet and car died with engine light come back on, car started right up and drove it back wards 50 feet back to my driveway.
I checked the codes again and I am pulling all the codes that are mentioned above.

What could this be?

Hi, I have a post on here with the exact same error codes. I was puzzled by the codes too. cylinder 10 misfire?? On a 4 cylinder engine??

I replaced the Water temp sensor " for a different reason " and checked the codes and all were gone. Now on my 1999 2.0 elantra the Water temp sensor controls the fuel injection system.

There should be two sensors , 1 controls the Water temp gauge in the dash , it is a single prong sensor, The other is the sensor I am talking about replacing.

now I had alot of stuff going on with my car due to doing an enging swap, but If I remember correctly changing that sensor got rid of the codes you show present.

Jag1980
05-09-2009, 10:45 PM
I might have to try that, thanks

Add your comment to this topic!