Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

94 transport wheels

paudashlake
04-29-2009, 06:05 PM
Help me out here, guys. I have a 94 transport that red. I also havhe the ugly origional aluminum wheels. I really want to get rid of them. However, as I am so stupid, I bought the wheels with the non-replacible hubcaps, hence the aluminum. So should I go out and find a cheap pair of 4 new wheels and stick a set of nice and shiny and new rims on it, or should I go more into the pricey range and get another set of non-replacible, but more up to date wheels? I really need help finding either one. Whatever one is the cheapest is what i will get. Also, they have to be new. Ebay maybe?

Please help me find these!

heres what they look like...

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq65/paudashlake/untitled-3.jpg

LMP
04-30-2009, 12:27 PM
I have ... the ugly original aluminum wheels. .. I bought the wheels with the non-replacible hubcaps, hence the aluminum.
Funny...I would also find them ugly, well, not really nice, when I bought the car in '93... I got used to them. But I do not quite understand what you mean by the 2nd part of the quote???
...I consider opting for my son's 16in alu wheels from his late Z34 as he drives her to the scrapyard....they do look better.

paudashlake
04-30-2009, 08:08 PM
Well, I think I'm going to get the cheap wheels and find a god set of hubcaps for a cheap price. Something SHINY.

Jrs3800
05-12-2009, 05:09 PM
I have 1996-99 16" bonneville alloys with 225 / 60 16 tires... On the front I have 5mm spacers and 54 mm lug studs to keep the tires from rubbing the strut.. Here is a pic from almost 1 year ago... I don't care for it all that much... I'd rather have the 96-99 SSEi wheels.. Or the Bonneville Torque Star wheels..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v294/Jr3800/1995%20Pontiac%20Transport/95TransportTrannyRemoval077.jpg

Meridivs
05-13-2009, 03:49 AM
Maybe you would consider something like those in the attached images.

I try to stay clear of 16" or other kind of funky wheels because of the spare (where would I fit a 5th funky 16" wheel?) and the ride - I had a few sports cars by now and all of them had a rough ride because of the sport shocks and 16" tires.

Cornering fast is just not something these mini-vans were built for (I was about to fly off the road just after I switched from my older Mercedes 500 Sel to this road yacht:)).

Jrs3800
05-13-2009, 07:38 AM
This is what I will be doing soon as I want a 16" spare... I will find another 16" wheel... I need to decide if I am going to stay with the style of rim I posted tho..

On this van I have changed the front sway bar bushings to Poly Urethane.. That alone made a nice cornering difference..

From that point I installed an Addco rear sway bar( yes they make them for the 90-96 U Body ) That was yet another handling improvement..

On the front I installed TRW replacement Variable rate coil springs, they are stiffer than the factory units... I also used the Monroe Sensatrack struts... Again better ride and handling..

The 16" wheel gave me the option of going to a lower profile tire, and a wider contact patch on the road... I personally like a vehicle that has a firm ride and handling suspension.. My last step is to replace the rear springs..

I did not like the idea of having a vehicle that has a higher center of gravity and was as long ans wide as the Transport is.. And even then it had a 205 / 70 15 tire on it.. With the 225 / 60 16 tires I get better handling, more grip and less side wall deflection.. Part of this is due to the shorter sidewall and that I bought High Performance all season tires... The feedback is good and the van has become very car like with very good manners.. The suspension is not too stiff and will not jar you to death..

Going to the 16" wheels and tires is simply an option... The OP doesn't have to go to a 16" wheel.. But its out there for him.. I'd go to a 235 55 16 if I thought I could fit it in safely with no rub..

96tsport
05-13-2009, 07:07 PM
The All-New Interactive Wheel System (http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/interactive.do?yr=1996&vid=004199)

http://i40.tinypic.com/2dkfm7c.gif

paudashlake
05-19-2009, 04:27 PM
wow these are cool ideas, but I think I want the replacible hubcaps. I mean if I get tired of one design I can just get another. Do they make shiny hubcaps that can be replaced? links?

Add your comment to this topic!