Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Reverse Glo gauges install 94-97 WTF!?!?!?

Mr. Anderson
03-30-2003, 09:43 AM
Wassup,

I just tried to install these reverse glo gauges in my 96 Accord. After disassembling half of the damn car and then getting the gauges out I broke the Gas gauge needle right the hell off!!!!!! F$#@! $72.00 for a new gas gauge! Just for the gas gauge! Anyhow.... HOW THE HELL DO YOU GET THOSE DAMN NEEDLES OFF!?!?!? Don't want to take anymore chances.. am I better off bringing it to Honda? Let me know...

tenguzero
03-30-2003, 07:58 PM
Whoa there!! That's the mistake I ALMOST ended up making :rolleyes: You shouldn't have to take the needles off. I *started* to file away on the inside of one of the guages, so it would fit over the needle. Then I realized, that you can just bend the gauge, and slide one side UNDER the needle, which leaves more than enough clearance on the other side to slip it over and reposition it square on the face. See, there is room underneath where the needle mounts, so the gauge face will slip right under no problem. Just thread the gauge hole over the long end of the needle, then continue sliding under. Hope this helps.

tenguzero
03-30-2003, 08:05 PM
Oh yeah, make sure you keep track of where the gas needle's positioning is, it doesn't automatically spring back like the others. And you also may find that you have to do a little modification to the gauges to make them sit right (wires and all) inside the cluster. I know I had to. A real pain in the ass on our cars, but really nice looking when you're done. BTW, I don't know if you're needles light up or not, but mine don't (The cluster relies on those damn bright green bulbs to light everything up, don't forget to pop them out) So, with the reverse indiglo's, you can't see the needles at night. Only a dark siloutte of the needle over the gauge. Not too much of a hassle though, I got used to it.

Mr. Anderson
03-30-2003, 09:40 PM
Great advice man thanks, now I'll just have to take apart the damn dash again!:D I'll let you know.......

KrNxRaCer00
03-30-2003, 10:10 PM
agh...i member gauges in my 94 accord...i bout went crazy tryin to get it apart. i jus took it to a shop (yes i kno its weak, but still...no patience)

DemonicAccord
04-02-2003, 12:14 PM
yep, I tookk my needles off, bad move but i got them back in reeeaaal close to perfect. astounding pain in the ass. FYI, the following link is a great resource for stock honda parts for the G5 accords

www.accordstore.com

Add your comment to this topic!